Correct Evaporator

BRQuick

Does anyone know of the correct part number for a replacement evaporator on 86 Grand National. Doesn't seem that Highway Stars or any other Vendor carry them anymore. Parts houses have several different #'s and wanted to know if anyone knows which one fits correctly.

Subscribed...

Having the same situation

My only hope is to get a non turbo evap and do some retrofit

After speaking to Highway Stars, it looks like there is no alternative. If anyone comes up with anything please let me know.

You said they show several part #'s. Can't you buy them all and return the wrong ones? I checked 1987 gn (I know you said 86) and they all carry it except Rock Auto. Is the 87 different from 86?

Thanks GNX026. I will give Napa a try. Mine is holding vacuum but I had a orifice tube get stuck in it a while back and thought that I may change it out while working on other things.

Is just the fitting bad? Maybe it can be repaired. Can you braze or weld on a new line? I've had custom ac lines made when doing engine swaps. I'm sure it could be fixed.

napa makes a orifice tube repair kit just for this problem. pm me back and ill get you the number for it.