Cooler ? for Bruce

TRDirks

Just another Tim ;-)
I noticed in the thread "What tranny cooler is everyone using?" you stated not to put the cooler under the car with a fan. I was wondering why you say thats not good? I know someone who is making a nifty bracket to fit under the passenger fender that would get mated to a Permacool? cooler w/fan. I was planning on getting one when all the R+D is complete, however I already have a GM cooler that I got from Kirban but have never installed. Should I go ahead and put the GM cooler between the Rad and Condensor or should I go with the custom under fender mount w/fan?

TIA

I went to my local autoparts store and bought a MAXI-KOOL tranny cooler. This is one of the best tranny cooler imperial makes (22,000 BTU heat rejection). It was like 55-60 bucks which includes all the hardware. One thing I liked about this cooler is it has thru holes in all four corners. I mounted it on the crossbar supports in front of the condensor, visible through the grill, with four black twist ties on all the corners (looks stock). I also ran the cooler directly to and from the tranny as this cooler is large enough to cool without running them through the radiator.

Mike Banas
87GN

Mike did it right and the answer is because , do an infrared of car. Where is all the heat? Under the car. Ck it out sometime. Under car has alot less airflow than you think and being mounted parrell to body allows no air to pass thru. Fan just blows hot "stale" over not helping the situation. Only way an air cooler can cool is with fresh ,cooler (key words) air passing over and THROUGH plates. This is the most effective and efffeciant way to go.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com