Collecting O2 Part Numbers.

motorhead

motorhead mike
I am looking for (recommended) O2 P/Ns from typical suppliers and vendors.

Both heated and not.

So far all I have been able to collect are:

Bosch
Heated 0-258-003-106
Unheated 0-258-002-019

AC Delco
Unheated AFS-22 (It think this is correct)

Please add yours to the list... I am sick of "searching" for certain things... and since race gas is in my summer's future I am gonna be trying a few ;)

Thanks,

Call John Spina at Casper's. John has used a number of different sensors over time in his heated O2 sensor kits and can probably give you a good idea about the quality and availability of various types...

:)

The variety of O2 sensors available is bewildering... like how can someone use "any 4 wire sensor" , for example??

You'd think there have to be differences in calibrations, etc, that would effect closed loop performance .. or why else would there be a 100+ sensors from Delco???

An email I exchanged with J Spina (Caspers) a while ago, said effectively that any heated GM sensor from '96 on would be OK to use in TRs. I don't quite understand how...

As far as part #s, some info I've collected is:

- Delco AFS-20 (= GM 25162693) is the stock, unheated 1-wire sensor on 86-87 GN.

- Delco AFS-22 (= GM 25162753 = Delco 213-504) is unheated 1-wire sensor used only on GNXs and a very few other vehicles. I've read it is supposed to run slightly richer.

- AFS-75 (= GM 25312184 = Delco 213-810). Four(?) wire heated sensor used on '98-'02 Corvettes, among others.

BTW, *IF* you have a Delco #, ACDelco.com allows reverse searches, to see what vehicles a given part# is used on.

AFS-74 is the Delco heated a lot of us have been using for years.

AFS-74 ? Good to know.

- AFS-74 (=GM 25312179), 3-wire heated O2
(also used on my 1994 5.7L V8 Chevy K-Blazer!)

- AFS 109 heated O2 (?4-wire) used on a lot of 1996-2002 GM 6 & 8 cyl passenger cars.

What I undestand is that the Caspers heated O2 kit is intended for 4-wire sensors, a 3-wire O2 (like AFS74) will need another extra adapter from Caspers.

see what I mean about bewildering!

Yeah, thanks.

I just bought an single wire NGK unit (I'll get the P/N when I get home)... it cost me about $22 US... so worst case it can be a "track" unit if I don't like it... rather if the car doesn't like it.

Much like yourselves I'd prefer to run the AC units... but most of my connections aren't in the GM area (mind you I do have one or two I can abuse), so I usually only hunt for big items from those folks.

I doubt that I will move to a heated unit anytime soon as I have the car as "summer only" and most days it is 100*F under the hood of my car when I leave work... so warm up time is minimal.

Also, as an aside, where can I get an stainless steel O2 bung? I have a Mease 3" DP coming and I would like to relocate the O2 sensor behind the turbo.

Thanks guys.

Michael Lis,

from what I understand, O2 has to be 800-ish ºF to function normally, & that's the kind of temps the internal O2 heater will create. It's not much dependent on the underhood temp or outside air temp.

Post-turbo gasses have cooled sufficiently the O2 may have a hard time working, at all, unless it's heated. The "common wisdom" seems to be that a heated O2 might be best in that application.

The main reason heated O2s became more widespread is for emissions reductions in newer cars- car goes into "closed loop" much faster, doesn't have to wait for exhaust gasses to get hot.

But for Turbo owners, the main (only?) motivation) has been that many feel heated O2s resist fouling from high octane Leaded gas, much better than does the stock O2.

Stainless 18mm O2 Bungs can be ordered from "HR Parts N Stuff", one of the official advertisers whose clickable banner often appears on this web site.

Sweet! Thanks!

I have a poly motormount coming from HR and some boxing plates... I may just have to add this to the list. :D

I am going to look into the O2 placement a bit further before I decide what I am going to do.

Thanks again.