Clevite Rod .001 US bearings discontinued

turbodave231

FYI,

I recently ran out of the Clevite CB-1228P1 bearings, so I order ten bearings. I try to keep a small supply on the shelf. Clevite drop shipped one bearing and backordered nine. I got the message that they will not be producing these bearings any longer.

I looked around the Internet and found Rock Auto had them and I bought what they had left.

Federal Mogul makes a tri-metal rod bearing in Std and .001 so it looks like that might be the next best alternative. I hate it when big companies start discontinuing the stuff we need to keep these cars going.

FYI,

I recently ran out of the Clevite CB-1228P1 bearings, so I order ten bearings. I try to keep a small supply on the shelf. Clevite drop shipped one bearing and backordered nine. I got the message that they will not be producing these bearings any longer.

I looked around the Internet and found Rock Auto had them and I bought what they had left.

Federal Mogul makes a tri-metal rod bearing in Std and .001 so it looks like that might be the next best alternative. I hate it when big companies start discontinuing the stuff we need to keep these cars going.

Good to know, and I agree, it DOES suck when they stop making needed things like that.

The cost of maintaining these beasts just keeps going higher. Could have got a new LS motor for the same $$$ as what it now takes for a well built 109....

The cost of maintaining these beasts just keeps going higher. Could have got a new LS motor for the same $$$ as what it now takes for a well built 109....

Ya but then we would be just another Cheby ;)

King and FM(sealed power) are the only .001's I could find a few weeks ago.

The Clevite's were discontinued last year. I have to use FM if I need .001" I don't like FM too much.

The FM bearings aren't my first choice and I've never used the King bearings........when my supply of Clevite runs out, I'll need to switch. Not Happy :depressed:

Absolutely nothing wrong with FM bearings.........I have a shelf full of Clevite bearings. Wide, Narrow, V's H's and P's and even some .002 Vandervell bearings. When I find something that works, I don't like changing.