Chicago 87 GN stage 1 for sale

Do you have any info you could post on the bottom end of the motor? Block casting number, bore and stroke, crank and rod type would be very helpful and would likely help sell the car. Type of heads would also be good info. Thanks

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I dont know any of the more detailed information on the engine's internals. I will check and post back with the engine block casting number and what heads are on it.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I dont know any of the more detailed information on the engine's internals. I will check and post back with the engine block casting number and what heads are on it.

If you have a way to find out the bottom end info that will help you a lot. Do you know any history on the motor like where the stage block or motor was bought from? There are not a lot of stage motors around and if you know any history it's likely someone here on the board may have some info to fill in the gaps. Do you know what cubic inch the motor is? Did the car come with the stage motor? From Kentucky possibly?

The casting number on the stage 1 block is 25500012. Champion GN1 aluminum heads.

I don't know where the block is from. It was in the car when I bought it at an auction on the south side of Chicago. I remember seeing some paper in the car with a previous owners address. I think it was somewhere on the 6700 block of S Morgan Street.

When I bought the car it had a small aluminum racing fuel cell in the trunk, with a really loud external fuel pump. It also had a strange turbo wastegate setup. The wastegate was welded directly to the turbo instead of being on the down pipe. The car was sitting on some very 90's looking Colorado Customs billet 16 inch wheels..

Does any of this ring a bell to any Chicago guys?

I bet someone will recognize the car from you description and fill in some of the blanks. The casting number from the block could be a stage I or stage II block depending on how it was machined after it was cast I believe. Do you know if the GN1's are 8 bolt or 14 bolt heads?