ceramic turbo wanted

fastdavedk

i am looking to purchase a stock gnx ceramic turbo. when i bought my car, the turbo had been changed.

Turbo Cost

Dave,

NOS from GM was about $6000. Kirban purchased several in the early 90's selling them for $1000 and the last few for about $2500. There was one on eBay about 7 years ago and I think it went for about that amount. I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

thank you for the info.
i figured the price would be high but i am willing to take it on the nose anyway should one come along.

fastdavedk said:
thank you for the info.
i figured the price would be high but i am willing to take it on the nose anyway should one come along.
Call conley's performance plus at 281-540-FAST. they have a stock GNX turbo for sale,they probablly still have one. ask for chris or jeff. tell them noe sent you, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be the correct city location for conley's.
i might be a cheapskate but 3k for a used turbo is more than i think it is worth.

fastdavedk said:
that would be the correct city location for conley's.
i might be a cheapskate but 3k for a used turbo is more than i think it is worth.

I don't blame you for not paying that price!!!!!!

NOS (not rebuilt) GNX ceramic impeller turbo FOR SALE

This is BRAND NEW.
I bought it right after removing the cat from my GNX.
When I took the cat off something hit my foot. I looked down and low and behold there was a destroyed ceramic impeller! I wasn't too saavy on the turbo at the time and didn't know where to look for the soot trap. I just felt around under the cover and couldn't feel it so I said to myself... NOW I know why it was so cheap. I bought this one off one of the forums and it has an interesting story, but I'll tell that over the phone.
After I had it in my hands I removed the cover to replace the "other" turbo.
It must have grenaded under warranty as it was replaced with a proper part!
Now I have insurance I thought.
That was about 15 years ago and it's been sitting in my closet.
It has the wastegate also.
I will also include the destroyed impeller in the sale.

Am I missing something here? That last post seems random, as if the first half of that story has been left out?

I Am Selling A Brand New Gnx Ceramic Turbo Complete!!!

There is no first half... I was explaining how and why I have such an unusual piece.

I thought I got hosed when I bought the GNX (Not original turbo) when the exploded impeller fell out at my feet.

SO I BOUGHT a replacement but later found out the car had the correct one on it after all...

The car is long gone but the turbo remains in my bedroom closet irritating my wife every so often.

I am posting it available for sale to the gentleman looking for one.

THIS IS NOT CONLEY's TURBO!!!

I live in Crystal Lake IL and it has been in my bedroom closet.
NOT USED OR REBUILT.... EVER!

jusa6 said:
thats conley's turbo. the one i was talking about.

Yes, That one is at my shop. It belongs to a customer of mine who sold his GNX years ago and came accross it while he was moving. He brought it to me so I could try to sell it for him. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm getting tired of storing it.
CC