Ceramic coated intake?

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
I was wondering if anyone has done this. A local shop wants $150 to ceramic coat my intake. I love the look of my ceramic coated headers and was thinking about doing the front cover, turbo housing as well as the intake. Overkill? I'm sure regular powder coating of the intake would be fine but I'm also looking at the thermal benefits.

FWIW & IMHO:
I don't think that the standard ceramic coat will hold up to the turbo housing, for that you might want to consider the extra hi-temp ceramic coating that most ceramic processors have available. I believe that the exrtra hi-temp is good to about 2200 Farenheit, or so. I believe that the extra hi-temp might stretch the fininacial envelope a little further. I think that the balance of the parts mentioned will look great, It is something that I have been planning on my next t-type/turbo-t venture. A company named Jet-Hot seems to have a corner on the market in the ceramic plating/processing field. I have seen it on bikes and cars and it really holds up

I had my intake, headers, uppipe (hotair car), downpipe, crossover, turbine housing, and intake manifold ceramic coated 5 years ago. This was the standard silver coating, not the super high temp stuff. Over the years it's flaked off the headers but leaves behind a coating that keeps them rust free. The intake looks like the day it was coated and oil and dirt come right off. The turbo, uppipe, and downpipe also look brand new.

I have my lower intake ceramic coated. It looks like polished alunimum.

I polished the intake and wanted a shiny finish I could just wash off, ceramic coating fit the bill nicely. It looks good and stays looking good. Plus, I bet it helps out thermally.

Look in the link in my sig for a few pics.

DJ

THERMAL TECH

www.thermaltechcoatings.com

Joe,

These are great folks to do business with...up the East Coast in Richmond.

They ship/receive nationwide, but take a personal interest in your project.

Good people, product, & service!

HTH :)

My intake was done by These guys, www.stylen.com/knightracing/
There are pics on there site under turbo tubes

I had headers,compressor housing,exhaust housing,DP and intake done looks great and I have had no problems with it holding up

Let me know what you think

I have my upper and lower intake, exhaust housing and turbo bracket, and my THDP done in the high temp chrome look ceramic coating. Looks pretty damn nice imo. Clean-up is a breeze on these parts and for you guys [US guys] cheap as hell! You guys can have your headers done for $165, crossover for $75, upper and lower intake for $175, exhaust housing $40 and THDP, including the dump for $175 These prices are in Canadian Pesos!
Right now $155 cdn = $100usd.
Call Dave at Kool Koat 604-888-8688 and tell him I referred you to him
hth
Jim

HPC coatings here in PHX, AZ.
My is a WD with them and can get it done CHEAP!!!Check the link I posted above or give me a call 602 319 0481

Jeromy