The Street killer V6
at the dynoshow @ conleys speed shop

Attachments

• 041506_14371.jpg
    041506_14371.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 655
John Wilde said:
What has is run?
when lawrence ran the car,it made an impressive low8 sec.pass with a non-lu converter :eek: on low boost on a bad track. The car is a monster,twin turbo stage 2 monster,i might add.

jusa6 said:
when lawrence ran the car,it made an impressive low8 sec.pass with a non-lu converter :eek: on low boost on a bad track. The car is a monster,twin turbo stage 2 monster,i might add.

Really, I thought it went high 8s.
Where is Chris when you need him???
Is it still for sale?

chris is still around,talk to him yesterday for a bit before i had to go. The car was sold to a local customer,and lawrence will sponsor the car this year,while the new owner competes in a drag radial class in another turbo buick :cool:

jusa6 said:
chris is still around,talk to him yesterday for a bit before i had to go. The car was sold to a local customer,and lawrence will sponsor the car this year,while the new owner competes in a drag radial class in another turbo buick :cool:

Don't be a tease let's hear about the drag radial TR!!!!! :eek:

John Wilde said:
Don't be a tease let's hear about the drag radial TR!!!!! :eek:
i will let you know more updates in future details,as of now thats all i know. The car that will compete in DR class is in the shop as we speak, and chris and his team are the builders :cool:

John Wilde said:
Really, I thought it went high 8s.
Where is Chris when you need him???
Is it still for sale?

Here I am. Been busy with the open house/dyno day.

LC drove Catagory 6 to a 8.2? in Noble 3 yrs ago. Didn't lock-up the coverter due to getting sideways at 1000ft.

Our good friend Bobby Don bought the car and is going let LC race it this year. LC will be driving it at the GS Nats in BG this year.

Cars been pulled in & out of the shop for the last 2 1/2 years. Threw it on the dyno tuesday & made 870 RWHP at only 22 lbs of boost. Car has made 950 @ 24 lbs before Nobel 3 yrs ago. (you should of seen all the CRAP/SOOT fly out the DP's on the 1st pull)

Gonna try to get it in the 7's this year. Car is Backhalfed only. Stock frame from back of door to front bumper. (Streetcar ;) )

CC

BAGN said:
Here I am. Been busy with the open house/dyno day.

LC drove Catagory 6 to a 8.2? in Noble 3 yrs ago. Didn't lock-up the coverter due to getting sideways at 1000ft.

Our good friend Bobby Don bought the car and is going let LC race it this year. LC will be driving it at the GS Nats in BG this year.

Cars been pulled in & out of the shop for the last 2 1/2 years. Threw it on the dyno tuesday & made 870 RWHP at only 22 lbs of boost. Car has made 950 @ 24 lbs before Nobel 3 yrs ago. (you should of seen all the CRAP/SOOT fly out the DP's on the 1st pull)

Gonna try to get it in the 7's this year. Car is Backhalfed only. Stock frame from back of door to front bumper. (Streetcar ;) )

CC

Chris,

Two questions:

-What turbos are on this car?

-Tell me about when you got attacked by the muffler.
I cringe when I think about that!

John Wilde said:
Chris,

Two questions:

-What turbos are on this car?

-Tell me about when you got attacked by the muffler.
I cringe when I think about that!

I believe the turbos are old school 61's or 63'3. I'd have to double check.

As far as the runaway muffler, Here is the story in a nutshell.

Hope you haven't had breakfast ;)

It was the "Worlds Fastes Street Car Shootout" In Atlanta 2001. In qualifing, T2 would get out about 30ft and go into Violent Tire Shake. We thought it was an over aggresive clutch so we kept take some out. On the third & final Q run, As LC was doing his burnout. I heard a loud noise (It sounded like the rear wheel came apart) If you've ever seen LC do a burnout, You'll be able to understand why I couldn't see anything. I only heard it. I cant remember If I fel down or if my mom pushed me down when see saw my leg. Luckly Jeff(friend & crew member) and myself were standing in front of my mom so she didn't get hit. Jeff got a little, tiny fracture on his ankle. I took the muffler 1/2 way between the ankel & knee in the side of my calf.(sharp side first) It felayed it like a fish. The first thing that went through my mind is that I would never play Softball again(thats what I did on Thursday's to hang out with the guys and get away from work) The next thing was the thought of my dad not getting the "Hot Rod" jacket we were all trying so hard for him to get. The next thing I did was remove my shirt, Tie it around my leg and call for the ambulance. My dad had NO IDEA what was going on. He did not know the muffler broke off of the car and the tire (probably spining aroung 150MPH) shot it out like baseball on a pitching macine. I kept telling everyone who would listen, Don't tell my dad! Let him race.(he didn't need to worry about me while trying to controll a 2000 hp car)
The whole issue with the tire shake was the Brand New tire we put on for that event. One of them was out of round and the tire place didn't catch it. (Ever since then, I did all the balancing on T2's tires)
The next day LC and David put the old tires back on T2 & welded a throw down muffler someone let us use. In the 1st round LC lost but went a personal best of 6.76 @ 209 MPH to become one of "HOT ROD's 10 Fastest Street Cars" and he got his "Jacket". We looked like a mental ward with crutches flying and all of us yelling and crying for joy cause LC finally got his "jacket"
The next year at Atlanta, LC won the event and set the national Record at 6.55 @ 212MPH.
Its safe to say that Atlanta Raceway holds some very special memories. :smile:

CC

CC
That is got to be the Damnest thing I ever heard.... But you and your family are the classest folks around. I can remember when you Dad first got started in the biz and you guy are still the SAME PEOPLE - ALWAY FRIENDLY :) . A friend of mine bought the "Black" car and was racing it here in Birmingham. Alot people did not know where that car came from... but one night with $5000 cash on the line, Black made a believe out of the "Magic City". As the front end had the front wheels off the ground on a unprepped city street :eek: ... Many people began to wonder where the "Hell did the car come from?" My friend could not get a race after that... Later torn the rear end up at Lassiter Mountain Dragway...

Keep up the good work... Conley Family :cool:

cwmccray said:
CC
That is got to be the Damnest thing I ever heard.... But you and your family are the classest folks around. I can remember when you Dad first got started in the biz and you guy are still the SAME PEOPLE - ALWAY FRIENDLY :) . A friend of mine bought the "Black" car and was racing it here in Birmingham. Alot people did not know where that car came from... but one night with $5000 cash on the line, Black made a believe out of the "Magic City". As the front end had the front wheels off the ground on a unprepped city street :eek: ... Many people began to wonder where the "Hell did the car come from?" My friend could not get a race after that... Later torn the rear end up at Lassiter Mountain Dragway...

Keep up the good work... Conley Family :cool:
"black" is still owned by chris C. and is being prepared for a stageII motor very soon.

jusa6 said:
"black" is still owned by chris C. and is being prepared for a stageII motor very soon.

Not if my machine shop & head guy have any say so. :confused:

Catagory 6 Test Hits

Thought ya'll might like to know. LC and the new owner of "Catagory 6" Bobby Don just got back from the track. Made 2 test hits. 8.34 & 8.33. Lifted before finish line on both passes due to suspect coil (5 years old) Boost was 24/25 with safe A/F. Not bad for 1st time to the track in 3 years. (LC's 1st passes since neck surgery) Car should be ready & flying by BG.
CC

BAGN said:
Thought ya'll might like to know. LC and the new owner of "Catagory 6" Bobby Don just got back from the track. Made 2 test hits. 8.34 & 8.33. Lifted before finish line on both passes due to suspect coil (5 years old) Boost was 24/25 with safe A/F. Not bad for 1st time to the track in 3 years. (LC's 1st passes since neck surgery) Car should be ready & flying by BG.
CC

That is great news!