Caspers knock alarm failing again

BOP4ever

After I popped a head gasket s few years back I listened to the gurus and purchased an alky control system . Scan master and I also got a caspers knock alarm buzzer. I installed it and it went off as soon as I turned the key on.
Caspers replaced it no problems btw cudos for great customer service. Now when I went to the track and hot lapped the car and checked my turbo link log and the scan master I saw 4 degrees retard but the buzzer never went off !
I got 2 degrees on the scan master on another run without alarm too. On my drive way the rocks sometimes hit the exhaust and tink tink around and wham the horn goes off like it has done in the past... So how can I trust it ? What do I replace it with ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I use the sm and audible and it does not always sound off when the sm is showing kr But mine doe work....often sorry to say lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's not reliable?
Mt turbo link trend showed a trend from 1-4 degrees for about 1/2 the run that sucker should have been screaming!

By design its not meant to go off with light detonation. Otherwise it would drive people crazy. Think is says that on the instructions. A long beep represents severe detonation. A short beep means moderate. The threshold varies from car to car but mine went off once at about 5 or 6 degrees when I changed turbos and my wastegate wasn't dialed in yet.

Last edited:
Ok so maybe I missed the chirp then?
I got it because frankly I get tunnel vision and hoped the audible alarm would get my attention before I hurt something. Just scared to trust it now lol..

It's pretty loud. Unless your windows were open...

You can try testing its threshold by rapping on the block near the knock sensor to see if goes off. I know what you mean though about not trusting it. I had doubts myself for the longest time before mine finally went off.

1/4 second beep = moderate detonation. 1/2 second beep = severe detonation

Attachments

• 102010.pdf
    138.3 KB · Views: 59