Carbon Met. or Ceramic pads? Need advice.

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
I researched quite a bit here, but there is still not an abundance of info/opinions for front brake pads. I am rebuilding the front of my GN...bushings, ball joints, shocks, springs, calipers, bearings and now need to pick the brake pad. At this time I plan to keep the OEM rotor, and not have it turned, but eventually may check out those Power Slot rotors(have info on the way).

I have ruled out the Raybestos Ceramic due to reports of brake dust that is very hard to clean off the wheels. Kind of looking for a low dust pad that won't be too hard on the rotor. I did read that both ceramics and carbon met. pads may warp the OEM rotors, although I am not hard on brakes.

I have an Autozone and Napa here, and am considering the Perf. Friction Z rated Carbon Met. pads from Autozone, and Ceramic lifetime warranty pads from Napa. Comments on choices?

Also may get some braided front lines from Autozone, or where can I get some reasonably priced stainless? The Earls and inline tube stainless look fairly expensive.

I am running the NAPA Ceramix without any problems using the stock rotors. No brake dust to speak of and they stop great.

I am running Baer 13" brakes up front. Switched from the standard metalic pads that came with the brakes over to the Perf Friction pads. IMO the standard metalic pads performed much better. Better peddle feel and stopping power. I had simmilar results on my Volvo. I swithced from standard metalic over to carbon pads (can't remember the brand)..not too impressed there either. I believed the hype but the results I got were not up to the hype that's for sure.

i am also using the NAPA CERAMIC PADS . a little pricey, but brake dust is way down. ron turch

Bought the Perf Friction

At Autozone today, along with the stock replacement brake lines. Thanks for all the responses, good info for the archives. I can still change my mind since it will be awhile before I get the POR 15 on the A-arms, and all the bushings, ball joints, etc. back on the car.

I can still upgrade the rotors and go with the stainless lines in the future also, but have spent plenty of money in the project already. Also, after speaking to a couple people at work today, it's nice to get on the board with other "enthusiasts" that can appreciate taking care of and upgrading our Buicks.

Raybestos Quite Stops Ceramic pads here. Great stopping power and NO dust. Got new rims on my GN and never see and brake dust yet :D

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
I am running the NAPA Ceramix without any problems using the stock rotors. No brake dust to speak of and they stop great.
I still may get those Ceramic pads and return the Perf Friction Carbon Met. ones. I figure if the ceramic ones run cooler, they would be better for stock rotor, which I am using. I did read in a search about someone having 40,000 miles on the Ceramic ones with the OEM rotor.

Mark, how many miles on your setup? I am leaning toward the ceramic now. Also, anyone know where I can get a good deal on some braided front brake lines. I know the stainless are expensive.

Re: Very Highest Recommendation!

Originally posted by Two Lane
http://www.praisedynobrake.com
:) :)
I have looked at their site and Steve Wood also mentioned them. What do they have:confused: I can not find any specifics on their site. What brake pads do they sell that are highly recommended, and what is your experience with them?