Car shut off while driving, started back up wouldnt stay running

whitecobra98

Long story, i'll try to make it short...car sat for a couple months having floors replaced..the guy started it every morning to push it outside, and every night to pull it back in..i got it back, and did little other than let it idle for a little bit, seeing as the interior wasnt back in it yet..got sick of looking at it yesterday and bolted the driver's seat in to take it for a ride...drove it nice and ez bcuz it hadn't really been driven, and scanmaster display was out..checked all wires but couldnt figure it out...drove it for 20 minutes, put fresh gas in it, and drove it some more...saw Jack Cotton working outside his house..stopped in to say hello....shot the sh*t, and he said probably just popped a fuse.... i went back home, found a fuse, popped it in..it worked..great..heading out of my driveway to got to the store to replace fuse, car shuts off and coasts, starts but sputters bad and dies..after trying this for several minutes, i break down and call Jack (even though I know he is doing his own work) and ask him quick what I should check for..he says he'll be right down..same symptoms when he gets there....after 15 minutes or so, I give up and call AAA to tow it to his shop...he doesn't like that idea, and asks me to pop the hood one more time....he's tinkering underneath and then takes the cover off the Translator Plus, full of water!!!! I haven't washed the car in months ...he empties it out, blows some more water out, and it fires right up..i call AAA to cancel...I get it back safely to my house, and am looking for a better place to mount it....50 mph gusts with the sun going down on the side of a busy road.....thats customer service to the extreme level on a saturday afternoon, and yet one more thing with this car that will only happen once...stored in my memory banks..thanks again Jack...you make owning this car that much less frustrating :)