Car show in Phoenix today at Cardinal stadium, WHERE ARE THE BUICKS!?

Jarnutt

Youngin'
Other than an assortment of very nice looking cars at the show today held by local radio station Kool 94.5 at the new cardinal stadium, on thing was missing, BUICKS! being a "classic" car show, the PT cruisers, new mustangs, a couple dodge vipers, and the 2000 and newer corvettes were all over the place, you know, "classics". sad to say the only turbo buicks i saw were parked by mine, (dont know how the hell i didn't notice them when i got there), one completely original looking, (nice), the other slicked and sporting the plate "LILOLV6", which i take to heart since ive sported "LITL V6" since the car was new to me almost 5 years ago. IN THE PARKING LOT, granted i dont know if there was an admition fee, but i mean, COME ON! there was an 86 Monte Carlo SS for christ sake, THE CLOSEST THING TO OUR PRIDE AND JOY. can nobody represent the turbo buicks? my car looks great from the drivers side, but due to a replacement fender that is yet to be painted, its in no car show shape, and my typhoon is still out of commission due to the tranny being not in the truck at the moment, but somebody has to come forth and say, "THIS IS RAW AMERICAN MUSCLE", and pee on a mustang on the way in.

Well you must remember, not everyone with a TR/Buick goes to cruise nights. Also, there are always be a Rustang or Vette at a cruise night. The ONLY time ive never seen more then 1 Turbo Buick at a cruise night/car show. The only time ive seen more then 1 TR (even Buick a in general) is when there was a meet here in Topeka and there was only 5 or so Buicks.

I dont go to many cruise nights with my car since i work on saturday night. So theres no chance in seeing mine there.

-Adam

Jarnutt said:
Other than an assortment of very nice looking cars at the show today held by local radio station Kool 94.5 at the new cardinal stadium, on thing was missing, BUICKS! being a "classic" car show, the PT cruisers, new mustangs, a couple dodge vipers, and the 2000 and newer corvettes were all over the place, you know, "classics". sad to say the only turbo buicks i saw were parked by mine, (dont know how the hell i didn't notice them when i got there), one completely original looking, (nice), the other slicked and sporting the plate "LILOLV6", which i take to heart since ive sported "LITL V6" since the car was new to me almost 5 years ago. IN THE PARKING LOT, granted i dont know if there was an admition fee, but i mean, COME ON! there was an 86 Monte Carlo SS for christ sake, THE CLOSEST THING TO OUR PRIDE AND JOY. can nobody represent the turbo buicks? my car looks great from the drivers side, but due to a replacement fender that is yet to be painted, its in no car show shape, and my typhoon is still out of commission due to the tranny being not in the truck at the moment, but somebody has to come forth and say, "THIS IS RAW AMERICAN MUSCLE", and pee on a mustang on the way in.
I say the same thing everytime I take mine to any event, Where are all the TR's? Yes there was an entry fee ($30) to be in the show. The car next to mine (look at the avitar) is my dad's. Myself & my dad's neighbor tried talking him into entering his, but to no avail.

thats a shame, i dont see many GNs when im out and about anymore, every once in a while i will spot a TR or a GN but those are few and far between. most of my drive is driving, so i spend about 4 or 5 hours a day on the road all over phoenix and the outer edge of town, seems to me my odds would be pretty good of spotting at least a few. after owning a TR or GN for a couple years you can spot one out of the corner of your eye, that comes with being an owner of the greatest piece of American history ever created, in my opinion. ive got to say though Googs, nice looking car, you would have noticed mine if you saw it, its got a nice brown/cream two tone regal fender from the buick salvage off of broadway, they wanted $250 for a GN fender or $125 for a paintable regal one, good news is i snagged one from and 84 that doesn't have an antenna hole, FM sucks, so does letting your wife drive it. did i just say that? :rolleyes:

Jarnutt said:
they wanted $250 for a GN fender or $125 for a paintable regal one,
That's funny, they're the same fender except color.

Yeah, every time I'm at the track or whatever, I'm the only GN there. I get people that come up & say they have/had one but just didn't drive it. Part of the deal yesterday was there was 3 other events going at the same time, with a 4th later that night. That & w/KOOL FM sponsering the event, it was bound to attract the older hot rod crowd. Hopefully when the cruise comes around in March/April, it will be held somewhere we can actually cruise (I've heard maybe in downtown Glendale, Glendale Ave. to Glenn Dr & 58th Ave to 55th ave).

Hey, you need to check out this local site. I've meet some cool people on there. http://www.azstreetscene.com

i gave it a look and it seems like it might be a pretty neat place to meet people, even though its obviously a mustang bias forum. i try to stay away from the import scene, i once owned a 225 HP civic that was my pride and joy, and after going and hanging out with a few SRT-4, EVO 8, and STi owners i met cruising my neighborhood out on a saturday night, my car was stolen the next night, how odd. one peep under the hood and they knew it was a gold mine, bunch of spoiled high school kids with nothing better to do, my neighbor caught them as they were trying to start it down the street on his 4 a.m. jog through the neighborhood, (they pushed it so i wouldn't hear them start it in the driveway), but i had wired a hidden kill switch. the description my neighbor had pretty much matched the "nice" guys that i had just the night before. all the ended up with was my stereo and speakers, i ended up with lots of popped fuses and a broken dash and steering column. it seems to me, in my years of working on imports, that the import crowd is FILLED with punk kids and thieves, thieves that want to steal your motor. in the last 4 or 5 years i have been in the GN crowd, ive learned that you can lend your scanmaster to sombody you barely know, or a stock chip for emissions testing, and you can expect to get it back promptly. THATS who i like to cruise with.

Jarnutt said:
it seems to me, in my years of working on imports, that the import crowd is FILLED with punk kids and thieves, thieves that want to steal your motor. in the last 4 or 5 years i have been in the GN crowd, ive learned that you can lend your scanmaster to sombody you barely know, or a stock chip for emissions testing, and you can expect to get it back promptly. THATS who i like to cruise with.

How true! I've had things lended to me and I ALWAYS gave them back how i got them. The TR crowd is the best ive known. Better then the F-body crowd my buddies are with. I like the TR crowd more since it's older guys, so they have been around the block a few times and good role models....sometimes :wink:

Import crowd is mostly punk ass kids. Steal your car, dont care about anything. Most are just jackasses too! Me being 17, i'm not part of that crowd. I'm glad im apart of the Buicks though!

Did your Honda have a cannon?? ;)

-Adam

i had the stock prelude muffler on it if thats what you were hinting at. its was a built H22a from a 1998 Jap prelude. i had about 4 grand invested total after cams and head work. the motor doesn't actually fit in a civic so there is some cutting and welding invlolved, so i took pride in it since its not a common motor swap to do. with the prelude header and exhaust, and larger bore motor it had a healthy grunt to it, it turned a best of 13.9 at speed world, on 87 pump gas, thats 225 hp and 172 tq on a hatchback that weighs 1900 Lbs. i didn't even put a wing or stupid tail lights or anything dumb on it to make it stand out, NOT EVEN A MONSTER TACH with useless shift light! you would never know it was fast, and i made mistake number one by popping the hood for a bunch of retards that owned actual nice cars, thats obviously werent enough for them, they wanted mine too. if they would have pulled that crap with my buick, (which i had ironically just bought at the time) i would be spending the next 25 to life in the pokey. they can have my typhoon, today marks day one it broke the barrier of costing more than its worth, i think its a proud day, not sure yet. thats what i get for owning two cars that neither one is supposed to be the "only car you drive".

Yeah, I hear you on the import crowd. I've had some friends that have expeirenced that same situation also.

There is alot of Mustang owners on there. They all came over when the site was started because of a local Mustang site that was being ran being ran by some stuck up a-holes. All the people I've meet from there have been real receptive about the GN's. Most have know what they are & are caplible of. One of them owns a performance shop, caiters mostly to Mustangs, but is the original owner of a 100mile GNX. But I look at it this way, it's a bunch of guys that share the same passion for cars, of all make & models, that's closer to my age than most TR owners.

Im in Tucson and have met only 2 people that have buicks but both are great people and has helped me out alot. Im in the air force and just moved here in march so its nice to know buick people will help you out. By the way im going to the nationals maybe ill see you guys there?

Yep...go to the Nationals and you'll see a lot of the Phoenix area TR's...GN's

i miss the nationals ever freakin time they come around. i DID however make it to the SyTy meet, there are some really ugly typhoons out there, thats why i chose black on black, in the true spirit of turbo V6. ill try and be a bit more of a contributing member to the whole scene, im a member of Arizona performance buicks, and make it to a few club days at speed world now and then. but not so much since the fender went bonk. its not the clean pride and joy it once was.