Car breathes Fire

tazgn

Well, after 4 months with the car OOC, my car started for the first time tonight. And with the exception of a certain vendor not sending me ALL the parts for my sheetmetal intake who will remain nameless (CAS), I would be at the Hawaii fastest streetcar competition at the track right now!!! But I'll see if Tony makes good and sends me the rest of my brackets before I post to the good/bad vendor list and make more stink

But, my question is this. Has anyone else had this problem? My fuel pressure goes to 40lbs when I turn the key on and the fuel pump primes like I want. But when I start the car it climbs to 70 psi for some reason. I have the fuel press. gauge plumbed into a fuel block (a T basically) that has 2 -8AN lines into each fuel rail. Then out of the other ends of the fuel rails into -6AN lines to the FPR back to the tank via a -10 line. I'm REALLY confused on this. It seems to regulate at 70 psi with the car running, and definitely regulates at 40 psi with the car off (NO, I'm not running 30 psi of boost at idle :) ) Anyone have any ideas?

Derrick

just a WAG, but sounds like the other pump may be kicking on and overwhelming the return line/regulator? try killing one pump and see what happens?