cant get more hten 17psi hooked up tuner style!!

1985GN

Breaking parts
ok guys i figured out all my knock probs so i put on my new pte-44, turbo mike elbow, and hooked up the hoses tuner style to get rock steady boost and i would just adjust it with teh rod. well with the rod all the way in i hooked it back on took it for a ride and got 17psi of rock steady boost. so i took the actuator off and took a little bit off so i can turn the end in more to shorten up the rod. well with the rod shortened, when i pull on it to put it on the pucks arm it cant get it to stretch out that far. so now what do i do?? does anyone make one that i can make short and be ale to stretch it out to get it on the arm?? i want to run about 20psi since im runing xylene with 17 psi and no knock so far but i cnat turn it up!! let me know my options here, thanks

I find it easier to push on it instead of pull, just go to the other side of the car. It should have more than enough play to reach.

Sounds like your WG puck is not lined up over the hole. You shouldn't have to pull it that hard to get 17psi. I am going throught the same probelm with my new 53 turbo. I suggest checking the alignment.

I stand in front of the car with a pair of pliers, use both hands and FLEX. Belive me, sometimes it takes just about all I've got to get that thing on, and I'm a BIG dude (5'6" & 140lbs!!!) ;)

I have the boost commander, so that make life much more simple.