can anyone help me find a hotair?

tpivette89

Waaaay back in Aug 04' i purchased a 85' GN. It was 100% bone stock, had REALLY bad paint, and needed some interior TLC. I rebuilt the top end of the motor, and was going to move on to the cosmetics next, but life took a turn and i was forced to sell it in Apr 06' in order to buy my first house.

About year later, Oct 07', i had enough equity in the house to qualify for a 2nd mortgage. With some of the funds i purchased a 96' LT4 6speed Corvette. I had owned two other Vettes prior to this one (an 89' auto, and a 6speed 93') and severely missed them. Third times the charm they say, and my new torch red LT4 was definately the best one i had owned.

Fast forward a few years to the present day. I still have the Vette, (its now hotcammed, and ran a best of 12.2 at 116mph with a slipping stock clutch), but about a month ago, a guy moved into a house just down the street from me... sitting in his driveway in front on the moving van was an 86' GN. All the memories came flooding back upon seeing that car: the sculpted body lines, room for 5 adults, and that incredible turbo shriek that came when the gas pedal hit the floor.

So after a 3+ year absence from these boards, i began to surf them once again. I came upon a few nostalgic articles on the hotair Buicks, read them, and realized i had to have another one. I began to search various online classifieds... but came up with nothing within a 300 mile radius. So herein lies the reason for my post... help me locate a hotair Buick, GN or Ttype, so i can have that awesome TR experience once again.

While im not ready to purchase one just yet, by early next year i should be. Ill continue to search the online classifieds, but i think more than likely itll be a board member on here who'll be able to locate the car im looking to buy. You know the one... a car that isnt listed online, that is only advertised by word of mouth or is spied sitting in a driveway close by one of you with a "for sale" sign in the window.

Im not looking for a restored or pristine example, rather, one thats in working condition that i can fix as i drive it. Im located in Newark, DE 19711, and really wouldnt like to go outside a 300 mile radius (although i would be willing to go further for the right car).

So if any of you know of a car, or see one that comes up for sale and think i may be interested, please let me know.

TPI, you need to check out MAGNA... We are a club in the north eastern US for turbo buicks, and we have a home forum at turbobuicks.com. I am sure we can help you find something local!!! If you arent already aware, G-Body parts is not too far away from you!!!

Check us out!!!

John;)