bump steer kit.. Advice

tonys87

I bought a few suspesion parts from a friend who was parting out his project. some of the parts included a new spohn front steering rebuilt kit with a spohn bump steer kit. it has all been installed and i plan on having the car aligned. but what i dont understand is... how do you determine the correct height adjustment on the bump steer kit? can i do this or must a shop figure it out?

The best way is to align the car and then colapse the front springs so the lower arms can move up and down easily. At this point you set a dial indicator up on the rotor, lock the steering wheel in a central location, and move the arms with a jack of some sort. You're looking for the lowest amount of movement out of the dial indicator. This may sound confusing but if you do a search on youtube there are quite a few vids on doing this. They may not be for G body cars but the principle is the same.;)

The best way is to align the car and then colapse the front springs so the lower arms can move up and down easily. At this point you set a dial indicator up on the rotor, lock the steering wheel in a central location, and move the arms with a jack of some sort. You're looking for the lowest amount of movement out of the dial indicator. This may sound confusing but if you do a search on youtube there are quite a few vids on doing this. They may not be for G body cars but the principle is the same.;)

thanks!