Buick Powered 6.92 at 194.42 mph

You wouldn't believe how much my home track comps entries. When the nostalgia funnies and altereds or some Pro Mods want to hold a racing event, heck yeah! But you know what? It has been bringing up the spectator count. More spectators, more food sales, more word of mouth about the next event coming up, so on, and so on. The track owners get their moneys worth. A good marketing investment.
It depends on the track and the type of event, but a small track or small event would be foolish to do away with comps altogether.

If you have come to the Nats before and I have seen your car there why would they need to pay you to come :confused:. Is it because they wont let you run in a class?? No disrespect intended Mike. Just curious
But you have in the past right?? WHat would make this year different??

Fair enough question. I took my car there but never made a pass. I put up voting boards asking the spectators to vote yes or no if they wanted to see my car in Quick 16 competition. Most of you already know that I have done this 3 times and the voting averages about 2 no votes to 100+ yes votes. I did this in hopes of opening the eyes of those making the rules at these races as to what the PAYING spectators want to see , and that is fast cars.

I never ask for them to pay me anything!! Since they will not allow me to run in the quick 8 or quick 16 I have no chance whatsoever to win any money back to offset my expensises. Case and point , if you have no payout in TSO or TSM most likely no one will come to run those classes. I simply ask for free admission to the event and offered a MAX effort at resetting the ET record at the event. They could have advertised that effort and maybe would have drawn some people that may not have come otherwise. It would not cost them one red cent to let me in for free and anyone intrested may have gotten a great show. Mike:rolleyes:

Mike why do you think you deserve a fee pass, special treatment, or hand outs? do you think just because you have a very expensive, unique ride it warrants special treatment? yes your ride is quick & a pleasure to watch. I know it must be very expensive to operate, BUT I was brought up don't buy what you can't afford. if you can't afford to run what you have, may be you should look @ something you can afford to run on your own pocketbook, instead of something you have to ask for donations to run. Obama loves spending $, may be he can help you out.

First of all I dont feel I deserve anything!! But a little respect for being the quickest Buick powered vehicle on the planet would be welcomed!! Im not proud of the fact that have to beg for help to get my car to the biggest race in the Buick world just to put on a show for fellow Buick lovers ; but thats the way it is!! On a side note: Opinions are like ARSE holes , Now I know what yours looks like!! Mike:cool:

First of all I dont feel I deserve anything!! But a little respect for being the quickest Buick powered vehicle on the planet would be welcomed!! Im not proud of the fact that have to beg for help to get my car to the biggest race in the Buick world just to put on a show for fellow Buick lovers ; but thats the way it is!! On a side note: Opinions are like ARSE holes , Now I know what yours looks like!! Mike:cool:

You will get respect when you do it with a full bodied, full weight, small tire car.

Now post some pics and details. Race weight, block type, turbo etc...:D

You will get respect when you do it with a full bodied, full weight, small tire car.

I guess that means that you dont have any respect for the Duttweiler/Gallina/Freeman car either Right?? I mean whats the difference , its light weight , fiberglass body , tube chassis with big tires and its the second fastest Buick powered vehicle on the planet. But you respect them dont you!! Mike:cool:

No appoligies needed from you. But a big THANK YOU to you for posting it in the first place. Also a big thanks to whoever took the video and posted them on youtube!! If that was you a SPECIAL BIG THANKS!! You have no idea what that means to me!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Mike,

I was the person who got these passes on video, please don't thank me for taking the vid's, I did it for the love of these cars (Buicks).

I would like to thank you for bringing your car out to the BPG Nats and making some amazing runs!!!! I was one of the guys that was holding up 6 fingers (ie 6 seconds) when you were being towed back to the pits after you just ran 6.92.

Thank you for putting on a great show at the BPG Nats!!!!

P.S. - Mike I look forward to seeing you run at next year's BPG Nats!!!!

Don't worry, I will get some more video's of your passes!!!

Very cool videos!!! Kudos to the cameraman.

Don,

Thanks for the kudos, I wasn't expecting it, but I will try to get more amazing video's from next years (2011) BPG Nats.

I think I have more video's to post from this year's BPG Nats, I just need time to post them.

Mike,

I was the person who got these passes on video, please don't thank me for taking the vid's, I did it for the love of these cars (Buicks).

I would like to thank you for bringing your car out to the BPG Nats and making some amazing runs!!!! I was one of the guys that was holding up 6 fingers (ie 6 seconds) when you were being towed back to the pits after you just ran 6.92.

Thank you for putting on a great show at the BPG Nats!!!!

THANK YOU one last time!! So many people have asked me for video of my car and I havent had any to show. Now I have my first 6 second pass caught on tape to share , BIG thanks to your effort. I really appreciate that effort and also thanks for the very kind words!! Mike:cool:

My Arse hole Opinion is simple, I don't think you are off base at all asking for free entry...

As you said, they wont allow you to run any classes where you can earn (compete for) any cash.

Exhibition passes usually are not free.

What about the guys that Wheelie the whole track, or the Jet truck

I really doubt the entertainment of the spectators is free.

I don't see how they expect you to come there on your dime and not compete in any class.

At BPG when we heard the name "Ohio Mike" we drove the Sh!!t out of the golf cart to make sure we saw your Run.

Not only should to be givin free entry, but I think you should start calling tracks and asking how much they pay the Wheelie cars (Like the CoolBus)
YouTube - "cool bus" dragster

My Arse hole Opinion is simple, I don't think you are off base at all asking for free entry...

As you said, they wont allow you to run any classes where you can earn (compete for) any cash.

Exhibition passes usually are not free.

What about the guys that Wheelie the whole track, or the Jet truck

I really doubt the entertainment of the spectators is free.

I don't see how they expect you to come there on your dime and not compete in any class.

At BPG when we heard the name "Ohio Mike" we drove the Sh!!t out of the golf cart to make sure we saw your Run.

Not only should to be givin free entry, but I think you should start calling tracks and asking how much they pay the Wheelie cars (Like the CoolBus)
YouTube - "cool bus" dragster

Thanks for the pump up. Great to know that somebody was intrested enough to watch it run. Mike:cool:

Are you ever going to post any pictures of that lawn dart:tongue:

Were not much for taking pics around here but here is a couple from 2008 that should give you an idea of what it looks like. 2010 version has a 1471 supercharger on it instead of the 871 you see in pics. Stage 2 , 3.625 crank , oddfire , 7.12 compression , methanol with mechanical fuel injection. Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 282
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 276
Well - I still like you Mike and you know I'll line up with you anytime!:biggrin:

I can relate to having a car that has become somewhat of a freak show - it's usually either too fast or too slow and doesn't really fit into any classes these days. It's always either a Quick 8 class or exhibition runs. I remember the days of getting special treatment just for tracks to have something different that people wanted to see.

The powers that govern BG don't give a frogs fat arse about the racers or what people want to see. If they did they would open their eyes to the growing number of turbo V8 powered Buicks. I'm in the process of building a 1970 GS that will be powered by a 455 LSX with twin 72s. Do you think they'll let it run at BG - that's a big fat NO. Not letting cars run that people want to see is just part of the reason BG is experiencing such attrition - it won't be much longer before it's just a joke. But it's all about the $$ for them anyway. The classes that pay like TSO, TSM, etc usually get up their own sponsorship funds - otherwise why would anybody want to race at BG. The only thing the BG has going for it is the fact that it is still "the" big show of the year for Buicks - but that could change.

Congrats on the 6 sec pass!

[QUOTE=Bent6;2574660

The powers that govern BG don't give a frogs fat arse about the racers or what people want to see. If they did they would open their eyes to the growing number of turbo V8 powered Buicks. I'm in the process of building a 1970 GS that will be powered by a 455 LSX with twin 72s. Do you think they'll let it run at BG - that's a big fat NO. Not letting cars run that people want to see is just part of the reason BG is experiencing such attrition - it won't be much longer before it's just a joke. But it's all about the $$ for them anyway. The classes that pay like TSO, TSM, etc usually get up their own sponsorship funds - otherwise why would anybody want to race at BG. The only thing the BG has going for it is the fact that it is still "the" big show of the year for Buicks - but that could change.

Im glad I didnt say all that , but I agree with you completely!! The captains of that ship are guiding it straight for troubled waters. Its a shame!! Mike:cool: