bucking idle

dadmomcat

Car has been running really good, had the A/C worked on and a new exhaust cross over pipe put on,Now the car runs really bad, will not idle at all and runs like a bad plug. I replaced all of the plugs, still really bad idle and running. Would the new cross over pipe have a leak or is not seating correctly ??:( and if it is the cross over pipe, why would this cause a real bad idle ??? any help out there !!!!

Originally posted by dadmomcat
and if it is the cross over pipe, why would this cause a real bad idle ???

A leaking crossover would create the same symptoms as a leaking drivers side header.

Atmosphere entering the exhaust stream, O2 reading false "lean", ECM increasing injector pulse widths to compensate, BLM's shooting up and a system that is chasing it's tail.

I would start with the crossover but maybe the A/C work created a vacuum leak which could also create those symptoms.

i also have bucking and it sounds like i have a leaky header....But i get issues when i full wot throttle it....It gets up and goes if you slowly get on it...but as soon as u full throttle it....it goes fast then slow fast then slow....RRRRR rrrr RRRRRR rrrrr only does this 1once or 2twice b4 the next gear hits....I dunno whats up...Im ordering Turbo Link this week...Thanks
Sleeper87

I really think it is the new cross over pipe, i did get from Kirban, and was told that the pipe did not fit very well from another mech. The " check engine light " does come on and off while driving. Just got the air to work really good and car drives like crap. I quess i will have to get a scanner also to work on the car.