"Breath TAKING, turbo PRODRIVE M3" HOLY POO POO!

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
dam this is pretty sick!

I love how the annoucer says "watch this beautiful display of forcefull driving" Id call it something else rofl but forcefull will have to do! This is a good one boyz n girls. There have been some good finds latly! This is just absolutly beautiful. I like to think of myself as a tuff enough kinda guy, but this makes me emotional. Its beautiful! Man who ever sealed the deal for castrol sponser ship on THAT car, is a smart mother truck'er!

Video - Bmw e30 m3 group a rally

Your video god! DARKSIDE

That was definitely some impressive driving. That Bimmer is fast. I wonder just how it would stack up against todays top dog WRC cars?
Good find absolutely crazy display of driving skills. Forceful?
I'd say so.

fun

man that looks like a fun car to drive. Looks like it was taking the jumps really smoothly as well.

Awesome driving:cool:

yes it was. heres how you can tell. his braking....let me explain.

first minute or so you can see him lock up the front tires a few times, but each time their locked up for less then a second. This is all done by feel, he can feel it he's one with the machine. This also is only found and practiced through hrs. spent in the cockpit. He locks them up in the first place because he is diving AS deep into the corner as the car will literally allow him, then he slams the brakes and uses his experience not to keep them locked, thus not loosing traction and more importantly, this allows him not to go offroading :) This kind of a breaking to me, shows he's spend a lot time behind the wheel of that exact car.

second, follow me on this. Pause it at 2:02. You see he is breaking, downshifting for the 180 righty coming up. At this moment in time, BOTH tires are locked up. To me, this shows the driver using both the foot brake AND THE hand e-brake to cause heavy weight transfer for the rear end(another words along with frontal weight transfer from the decrease in speed, and the rear tires being locked, IT is quite easy to fish tale the rear out in any left or right direction). This weight transfer slides to rear out, in order for his car to hit the APEXI of the corner perfectly with a SIMPLE COUNTER steer being applied. Counter steering is simple because if you just "look" where you wanna go and your hands do the rest pretty naturally. Take a decent HP power car rwd and play around in the grass, you'll know what I mean. Sounds incredably weird but if you can do this flawlessly, it really does become a reaction type thing. Again coming from a lot of practice though. But this racing trick is again, only master'ed THROUGH SEAT TIME, in my opinion. You can easily see he owned that car and that track! This driver knew the car like he know's his wife, inside and out. What a fantastic display of course and car mastery! Impressed the crap out of me.

moving on, third. PAUSE it again at 2:05; here this is also my justification for the first 2 reasons why this guy is a good driver. At 2:05 you notice that after that smoth drift from the 180 right, he keeps the car sideways to set up his apexi entrance for the following "mild" left turn. Because he was on the throttle hard to exit the previous turn with the rear end spinning, he HAD to brake hard for this left turn. Well he hits only the front brakes this time, because he doesn't need to be sideways, and wants to power out of this turn with the car pointing straight. And this is why only the fronts lock up.

So if you think about it, in just those few seconds alone all combinded, he used some pretty high quality techniques. Very impressive. You can learn alot from watching hehehe. Doing is another, but that just takes practice, and money, its the knowledge you want! I bet that driver can't even count the number of hours he's been behind the wheel of that car, and you know the golden rule. Practice makes perfect, this driver is nearly dam perfect!

darkside

Couldn't have said it any better. Excellent blow by blow of technique XxDarksidexX.
This has to be one of the best videos of driving skill I have ever seen.
10 million thumbs up.

Patrick