Brake problem

are_one

I did a search and no one else has had the same problem Im having. I didn't realize it till I had to slam on the brakes and the car gradually slowed and pedal just got hard. The car has had the vacuum conversion done to it. I went ahead and added a vacuum resevoir and I still have the problem. At slow speeds it seems to do OK, but if I have to jam the brakes, the pedal just gets hard. Any ideas? :confused:

In a nutshell, low vacuum . If the check valve is proper for the system, and they do make a difference, I would suspect the booster. The problem also shows up on the Monte Carlo's with the Dual Diaghram booster. Why:confused: don't know. Have seen sucksses by installing a factory valve as oppossed to a parts store part, but sometimes have had to change out the booster. I am not famaliar with the conversion, does it have an electric vacuum pump? They are availible from many source's, and is another option.

part numbers

What part numbers for booster and check valve and master cylinder for a vacuum conversion should i ask for at Pep boys or ???

Thanks

Got tired of the vacuum conversion problems.

Advance Auto Parts lifetime warranty PM was $199 & I have read later posts as low as $150. Other parts houses have similar warranties & prices.