Bought a 4.1 and didn't know it

Mike T

I've been looking for a good parts car for a while since good rust free cars are getting hard to find. Yesterday my son & I were on our way to the strip to watch a few passes and on the side of the road was a two tone 82 Regal for sale. The doors were unlocked so the first thing I did was check the bottom of the doors for rust and found none, the car was solid everywhere so I was sold. The owner told me the car was in the family for many years and it had a v8 in it (I was looking at the 4 barrel Q jet while he is telling me this and assuming he is correct) .

We made the deal and on the way home I noticed the car had the familiar v6 sound so when I got home and took a second look found that it was a 4 barrel v6. Then found the emissions label that said 4.1 so the next thing I found was the casting # 291. I did a quick search and discovered that the 4.1 was optional in the Regal from 82-84 and that it has the rolled fillet crank. This was a nice bonus on top of a super clean body.

Nice good score

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes I'm pleased to have it. I bought it for parts but the car really has my wheels turning. If you look at the car almost everything is the same as my 87 GN. Most of the stuff that is different are items we most often upgrade anyway minus the accessories, wiring harness & rear end.

I have a nice set of headers and true dual exhaust fatback system cheap for it if interested. With two new cats and flow master mufflers-custom setup.

I have a nice set of headers and true dual exhaust fatback system cheap for it if interested. With two new cats and flow master mufflers-custom setup.

Thank you for the offer but I may put a turbo on this car. Here are a few pics to go with my BS 4.1 story:)
MIKE BUICK PICTURES 002.jpg
MIKE BUICK PICTURES 010.jpg
MIKE BUICK PICTURES 013.jpg
MIKE BUICK PICTURES 019.jpg
MIKE BUICK PICTURES 024.jpg

Thank you for the complement. The GN was a total loss that I bought from the original owner about 23 years ago. It was hit in the front and rear, you would not believe what it looked like. I clipped the frame & the body in the rear at the factory seams and on a lift you cannot tell it was ever touched. That was when I was 22 and had a ton of drive.