BFG Drag Radials...325/50/15 & 295/65/15

D

DEATH4

Does anyone run these sizes. I currently have the 275/50/15s but am looking for a taller tire to bring down my rpms at the end of the track and gain some mph. I have 15x8 Draglites. Would the 295/65/15s be to tall and would the 325/50/152 rub the frame? I have PTE218/218 cam shifting at 5,500rpm, 3,200 stall and the car comes through the lights around 5,700. Would a 29.6inch tire be to tall and slow me down or do I have enough cam for this tall of a tire?

Thanks

tires

way too big if you have a GN/TR. unless you have modified axles (read: shortened) or notched frame rails you're looking for fitment problems. BFG does make a 275/60-15 which I have on special this month. :D

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T, Hoosier & Phoenix slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer

Why the hell can't they make a 255/60 15? After all these years you think they would have come up with some by now. It is such a big jump in size from 235's to the other sizes. I hate when I switch from my Hoosier Q/T Pros to the BFG TA radials I have. Would love to have a set of 255's.

Thanks guys for the replies. I am familiar with the 275/60s but 8.8 on the width is not enough tire contact patch. Has anyone pulled a 1.58 60ft with this size. That's around where I am with the 275/50/15s and looking for better. I guess I'll just go with the Hoosier QTPs 28x10x15.

With all things being equal, the 275/60's will hook better than the 50's. If you can cut a 1.58 with the 50's, bettering that with the 60's stould be no big deal. The contact patch is longer, there is more sidewall deflection and the gear ratio is a little less. The only thing in the 50's favor is they are a little wider. QTP's or ET streets will work better below mid 1.6's anyway, though.

UN

YOU are correct sir....heh heh heh (ed mcmahon).

the e.t. streets or quick time pros might work a little better for you in your case.

as far as the 255 series tire they don't offer domestic cars much choice due to them catering more to "other" crowd. it's all supply and demand brother...supply and demand.

HTH...

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T, Hoosier & Phoenix slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer