Best way to tune

three turbos

NUNLKME
I'm curiouse on how you guys are doing your tuning for rich and lean,is this done strictly by using the smster o2 readings or how else? This is strictley a street car and my o2's are
Right on,fuel pressure is perfect,and it runs great it just smells a little rich to me. I have noticed when I stab it I get a little huff like it's rich. Note that it also has 111.000 on the clock and never been apart.My combo is a ta49, 42.5 lbs.,down pipe,power plate,cold air kit,hot wire,TT chip,15lbs. Of boost no knock.Is there something else I should be checking?Eric

Hey Eric,

Um, lets see. You need a alky kit. A wideband and a powerlogger. Then you will have something to tune. :biggrin:

Not much you can do right now accept add or subtract wot fuel. Generally shoot for 780-800mv at the top of third. You can lean it out till you start to see a knock then richen back up a little but that's about all you can do.

Thought we were going to get together sometime. Getting a little late now. I saw snow flakes this morning. We have to hook up min the spring. Maybe Santa will bring you some goodies.

RL

Tune

I did not forget, it has been a crazy work season schedule wise by the time I get home there is not much left in the day,still am going to come by though and drink one of your beverages. As for adding or subtracting fuel is this done through the chip or another way?being that my o2's are right on can I still be out of tune say rich or lean?car runs great I'm just curious.

I hear ya. The short days don't help.

Yes you could be a little rich but it's a safe place to be. Highly doubt your lean. Yes fuel can be added or subtracted with the chip.

Pull a spark plug and snap a pic. See what there saying.

RL

Tune

Ok Rick will do,however will that give true readings being that the car drives in town and not just wot then off like a track scenario?

inmo,the best way to tune is off a wideband.i have a scanmaster,wideband,egt,and i look at the plugs.i can say the wideband is much more responsive.

Wide Band for instant feed back, pull the plugs for an over all look.