best roller rockers

1320n10

What are the best rockers for iron heads T/A T&D harland sharp And also what was the ratio of the stockers.

T&D's are awesome but IMO are a waste. I like and run the Speed-Pro replacement shafts. With roller setups you get more noise, need special valve covers, more than likely will need to clearance to get them on correctly and they maybe give you 5 HP. I like the KISS aproach but have owned T&D's and Kenne Bells and the T&D's rule!

T@D is the only way to go IMO;) ;) I think Postons still has them for $420.00. They are usually around $450.00.:eek:
Matt

I think 1.55 or 1.50 was stock. Go with 1.60's or 1.65's..
I have the 1.65's and love them.. The only real down side to the roller's is that your Knock sencer will be useless.:(
Matt:cool:

Originally posted by NoNos38
I think 1.55 or 1.50 was stock. Go with 1.60's or 1.65's..
I have the 1.65's and love them.. The only real down side to the roller's is that your Knock sencer will be useless.:(
Matt:cool:

Tell us more about the knock sensor, tons of false knock?

I've broken Kenne-Bell's and T&D's, but have 10 passes on my Harland Sharps with good luck so far. I probably have a little more spring pressure than most. GB

You broke the shaft or an arm? If shaft:eek: :eek: :eek: It is over 1/2" diameter solid steel. How did you do that 2X?

Yes, there will be alot of false knock.. If you broke a T&D shaft there is something else wrong. The T&D's are the best money can buy, And you should never be able to hurt them with a stock block. I guess anything is possible.:rolleyes:
Matt

Originally posted by unboostedV6
I've broken Kenne-Bell's and T&D's, but have 10 passes on my Harland Sharps with good luck so far. I probably have a little more spring pressure than most. GB

I have more passes on my race car than that with spring pressures more than twice stock. T&D's have held up fine?

As far as setting off the knock sensor with roller rockers, never has with all the sets I have installed?

I agree with Nick. I've never had false knock, just real knock from the crank giving up the ghost.

Stock ratio is 1.55, get the lift from your cam on the ole' buick soft stick. 1.65 loads the lifter more and you'll need to clearance the guides if you get too much lift.

A big problem you can run into with the stocker valvetrain is that neither the shaft or the rocker arms themselves are very heavy-duty. Thicker rocker shafts are available from multiple vendors/companies. RJC products even makes shaft hold-down braces for the rocker shafts.

The stock rocker arm, unfortunatley, is all the better it is going to get if you continue to use the stock-style rocker shaft setup. I've seen/heard of people putting pushrods through the stock rocker arms at high rpm/load situations. (Right Mr. Levey?)

Roller rockers when installed correctly with the right springs (and they are quite different than stock) should easily be quiet enough for continued use with a knock sensor. Note that there are two different styles of roller rockers - shaft mount and pedestal mount. The two are not interchangeable.

Stock ratio is 1.55:1. Aftermarket setups are also available in 1.60:1 and 1.65:1

anther vote for T&D! i have the 1:55s and get hardly any noise and no false knock! just like postons' mag says" ever been sorry when you bought the best?"

I have the T&D's and they are 1.55 ratio. I have the Comp 212/212 cam and it works well with this ratio. I purchased the valve cover spacers from RJC Racing so I could use the stock valve covers. I don't have any false knock using the T&D's.