Beat a 1966 Caprice w/ a 327 + MORE!

rx4mike

It all started on Saturday the 28th of September in the year 2002. Earlier that day i had just put inspection tags on my car (Only supposed to used to drive to and from the inspection station and the repair shop and/or home) That weekend was the end of the summer season in Ocean City Maryland (mild resort area) which was Corvette weekend and VW import weekend.:cool: So now that the scene is set i will start the story... I left the mechanics house and drove to the resort area where all the fresh meat was...COPS EVERYWHERE!!! He lived about 20 minutes away. Man I was grinning so hard my face was beginning to hurt. I drove around a bit lighting up the tires and showing off a bit.:D And then drove home to get the ole lady. So that she could enjoy the what the night was gonna offer...lol
Well I live about an 45 minutes away from the resort area in a normal car, but made it home in 36 minutes FLYING...the GN is incredible... Well on the way back to the resort area, I pass by the local hang out where all the little hoppers hangout. Ricers and some Detroit Muscle mostly Redneck Farm Trucks with 8" lifts...etc. Well on my way past the parking lot where they all seem to flock an OLD car was sitting and the stop sign ready to turn right when I went by in my 87 GN the OLD car turn left to come after me. I told the ole lady hold on to somethin and as he tried to pass me I nailed it! needless to say I never saw what kinda car it was because it was darkout and it never got close enough for me to see the emblems...lol (Update on 10/06/02 the owner of the old car followed me to an inconvience store and asked me if it was a v8 or a v6. Told me he was the one in 66 Caprice with a beefed up 327. He also said that was the first time he ever lost....I felt REAL GOOD...almost teared...lol)

Well meanwhile back at the ranch...I got to the resort area and was looking at all the classic corvettes and all the kitted up VW's and was there 10 minutes when a souped vw scirroco began buzzing along side of me. By this time my ole lady is scared to death...currently owning a ricer burner with all of the junk and loud exhaust I could tell he was running either in 1st or 2nd gear at about 35 mph. He kept jumping up ahead of me and coasting back down to my speed to get me to bite I thought I would wait for him to be coming off of the accelerator and i would punch it and leave him standing still...not I timed it wrong got him nailing it and we launched at the same time but I still walked the dog on him...Throughout the night I whooped up on several imports/ricers and other cars. But I couldn't get any corvettes to bite onto the bait. You have to relize what my car looked like...Dirty, bumper fillers pushed in or gone, headliner sorta up with thumb tacks and the dome light hanging down wait to be put back together. I got the headliner replaced and the bumper fillers are ready to be installed and the car is need of a paint job...appointment is made for later on in October.

It gets better...As the night prgressed about 10:30 or so now I pull in to a golden arches so the ole lady can use the rest room and smoke when I see a new body style red mustang with letter BOSS on the side. Need I say how bad I wanted to pursue him as he pulled outta the drive through and raced his exhaust me...I almost left the ole lady there... He left...about 10 minutes later we left. I went down the road and seen him parked at an amusement park/go cart paking lot eating I made a U turn at the next intersection and went back to get another view. I figured screw him I had enough for one night why press my luck, plus the COPS where indeed everywhere that night. So I kept cruising took an exit on home and rolled out. Hit the main highway about ten miles after the exit and wasn't on it two minutes when a car passes me it was the red BOSS mustang ( MAN I HATE MUSTANGS) well I drove in the right lane and he drove in the left lane for about 3 miles ahead I could see a car in his lane but couldn't tell what car it was. When I heard the moment I have been waiting for my whole adult life (and I am 30). The mustang dropped it down a few gears and you could hear the exhaust change from the back of this thing it squatted down and took off! The hair on my neck tingled i got goose bumps and I paused a second as he got about 8 cars links ahead of me I began to accelerate (STILL VERY LEARY OF THE CAR AHEAD IN HIS LANE) when I noticed he stomped on his breaks when went to around the car that was ahead of him all sorta lights began to light up on this car strobes from HELL. The unsure car was indded a Crown Vic white in color and had an air fieldd sticker on the bottom righthand corner of the bumper. It also had all the right antenas to be a unmarked car. I am very glad I looked before I leaped. I car didn't pull him over just kept us paced all the way down the road about 15 miles more til I turned off. More good stories to come.

Rx4Mike

You have to relize what my car looked like...Dirty, bumper fillers pushed in or gone, headliner sorta up with thumb tacks and the dome light hanging down wait to be put back together.....and the car is need of a paint job...appointment is made for later on in October

about 10:30 or so now I pull in to a golden arches so the ole lady can use the rest room and smoke

You don't let your lady smoke in the car? :p I smoke in mine. Just don't use the ashtray and it's all good.

oh no! a full size chevy with a 327!!! your lucky it didnt have a tunnel ram ;)

(come on guys i know you remember that one! LOL!)

Originally posted by KillrV6
oh no! a full size chevy with a 327!!! your lucky it didnt have a tunnel ram ;)

(come on guys i know you remember that one! LOL!)

very first thing that came to my mind. :D

Didn't know you guys were so harsh on a new kid...lol

Ok so now after reading more posts I see the caprice wasn't really worthy of a good post. Well I went up against a friend's 1993 Mazda RX7 w/ Twin Turbos. No slouch at all. From a rolling 45 he lept out in front of me about 6 ft ahead...for all of 5 secs then the boost kicked in and as I over took him I grinned and waved. He was PISSED!!! Because of the money he spent worth of extra's. A fast and furious car in the works he says. I told him he could have save some cash and got a GN...That made him cuss me and go home Madder.

TTFN

Mike

We are just poking some fun at a Troll with a '65 Impala (i think?) and a big scary 283 with a tunnel ram.:rolleyes: He was swearing up and down that he beat a GNX with it. Good job on showing the old Chevy who's boss.

Im amazed :) I can actually remember that thread..lol. That was a riot.
I think it was a 283.
Trolls are fun once in awhile to stir things up :D