Bad CTS

Mike70gtx

I'm getting a code 14. The wires on my cts look like they are stuck on with black putty and ready to fall off. I just put on a new temperature guage and the wires to the cts got roughed up a little. Where can I find a new one? Local parts store? does it come with a pip tail or harness? I got a code 51 at the same time, could the bad cts effect that?
Thanks,
Mike

You can pick up a new CTS at any parts store. It will come with an updated plug and wires that you will have to soldier in.

Thanks alot. I'll get that fixed and then see why I can't get my fuel pressure turned down and my blm's up. Maybe a constriction in the return line?
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks Cool,
Mike

CTS on these cars are horrible..To ANY Hot-Air owner if you havent upgraded it..do IT!

The newer sensor has a quality connector on it, and I got both parts of the connector from the parts store....just soldered the wires in, and then screwed the CTS sensor in...you no longer have to deal with that putty coverd weak excuse for a temp sensor again..its just an easy connection...

Here is what my STOCK CTS looked like when I pulled it off the car

http://community.webshots.com/user/turboregal84

(just go into the album, and click on the sensor)
I cannon belive that it was still working, and sending an exact signal!!!

FYI...some Coolent will come out of the intake when you pull the old sensor....try not to let it get all over (have a few rags on hand) because when I went out on my test drive I found out my power steering belt/pully got some antifreeze on it from when a bit of coolent came out...No Brakes, or powersteering for a few mins is no fun :)

They actually replaced the plug because on rare occasions the plug sealed so well that if the sensor developed a leak the water/antifreeze would travel through the insulation and eventually make it's way to the computer and fry it.

Heh.. yea my CTS was all mangled up when I was hooking it up after dropping in my new engine. I thought I smashed it or something. I just wrapped a crapload of tape around it and kept my fingers crossed. Seems to be working fine. Wish I would have known about the easy replacement or I would have done it then. I'll probably ride it out as long as I can.

Dave

I just had the same problem boys. CODE 14...

Replaced the CTS with new unit and pigtail harness....good as new. Dave...it's real cheap and easy to change....took me like 15 mins. Hardest part is the soldering...HAHA

Got mine from UAP / NAPA