AZ Fastest Street Car Shootout 9/23 @ SIR

BigReade

Buick City Boy
Like the title states, the Arizona Fastest Street Car association is coming to Southwestern International Raceway in Tucson on Sept 23rd. And I was wondering if anyone was gonna make it out? They have 3 different classes, depending on where your cars run, I'll be looking to run in the Easy Street class (11.50 index). I'd love to see a strong showing of Buicks out there.

Yeah, Nick has run it. He just ran it a couple weeks ago when we were at Wildhorse Pass as well.

G, you don't know a guy name Oliver, by chance do you? He has a pretty nasty Evo here in town.

Hahahaha! I figured that had to be you! Just got the tranny dropped today, I'm heading out to Phoenix in the morning to drop it off at Nick's for the rebuild. Dropped the pan and didn't see any metal shavings, so I'm hoping it just smoked the clutches. It didn't have the D5 converter in it, but I have a Hughes on the way, so hopefully I'll have it back on the road soon. I still need to do a few little odds and ends, but hoping to have it all dialed in for this race. We'll have to get together some time, I'd love to check your car out, OJ's told me all about it!

I have been running the 11.50 class for the past few years. 2013 was a bust since our tracks were closed most of the year in Phoenix. I missed the last two races due to mechanical issues, but it looks like I have them sorted out, so I will be there. The class is very competitive, so you will need to run right on your index and be able to cut a good light on a pro tree in order to go rounds.

Reade,

Did you make it to Bates? I was looking for you.

Sorry RJ, I didn't make it. Our house sitter canceled last minute and couldn't find anyone on just a few hours notice to come take care of the animals. I was so disappointed!