auto transport

Dzdave

anybody out there ship a car from Eastcoast to seattle ? price?looking for a good auto shipper . thanks Big Dave:D

This is from my archive info, so it might be outdated now:
"Fellow GNTTYPE digester who does auto transporting
Mikes2fast@aol.com

Recommendation for enclosed auto transport: Passport
Gary Woods JR
GRW@FEICO.COM"

I recommend searching the archives on GNTTYPE and TURBOBUICK.COM for previous posts. I remember this topic being discussed numerous times in recent years.

I also recommend posting this question in the Miscellaneous Turbo Lounge section, if you haven't already, for more responses.

Or you could take the Chris Cairns approach: fly out there and drive it back. I believe he's done it twice:p

Good Luck!

I did it about a year and a half ago, from MI. I think it cost me around $1k, enclosed shipper. I checked around back in November when I was buying my wife a Durango R/T and I think I was quoted around $1,200 - $1,500 to ship from NC or FL.

I could check for a receipt and shipping company at home if you like. Let me know.

Here was a link that I had saved with a bunch of transport companies:

http://www.movecars.com/toc/find/#exotic

Did you find yourself a GN? I saw a low mile car on ebay from Portland today, didn't look bad.

Chris

transport

Passport did a great job for me, NY to OR. Enclosed carrier, same drivers and vehicle entire way, etc. Had a few show cars and a porsche in there with the GN. Cool thing was when they unloaded it on my street a little crowd gathered and I heard on onlooker say "Is that a Grand National" ?
Was spendy (1600'ish$) but worth the piece of mind. Good Luck.
Gary

Gary Hubble with Charles Standard Services.Ph. 417-861-8846.Gary is a Buick guy,racing at nationals each year,drove Joe Turner's car down track year before last when nationals were dedicated to Joe. Has enclosed trailer ,holds only 2 cars.Usually hauls only exotics -Rolls Royce,Porche,Ferrari ect.May cost a little more,but he'll treat your car like it was his own.I used him to haul car across country last month.Couldn't get any of other haulers to insure my expensive TT for more than a "standard Regal on a car lot " Gary's company insures up to $500'000. Nice guy too.:D