Audi S4 tech

lyonsd

This is from my brother-in-law-in-law:

Okay, so I take my car for the last warranty check up.

The car sits for a while, even over night, when I drive it in the morning, as I try to accelerate, normal, it feels like it is caughing and sptting to get through the gears. Kind of like my dad's old impala when the carberator was choking. After about 5-10 minutes it is ok.

Service guys says yeah we know, it is common with the 2.7t engine, when you first start it, the car doesn't know exactly what temp the engin is so it is not giving it the right mix of air and gas. Nothin you can do about it, deal with it.

uhh I want to fricken body slam him right now. I am taking it back friday to get speaker replaced-which I also had to drag out a tech to the car, after the service guy says nothing is wrong with it, so he could hear it rattle, I want to confront him again with some inteligent banter. Is this an oxygen sensor, chip, flow, something that not working properly. Would a new chip that I would buy to increase Hp take care of this?

What do you think? O2 sensor? Plug(s) going bad? Something else?

TSB: 010102 OCT 01 Engine - Hesitation/Lack of Power On Take Off

Findout what the correction is for this service bulletin and your one step closer. Someone out there has access to an On-line service bulletin data base ie Motors, Mitchell and Alldata. I no longer have access but the 3 other Buick guys I used to work with do<hint>;) Maybe they can help you out.

Geoff

as a person who worked for voa, this is my suggestion.

call audi customer service, complain that you are very dissatisfied witrh your service. ask that they have the area tech rep contact you and that this is a serious concern with the dealer's lack of concern over your problem. watch how fast the dealer becomes happy to accomidate you.....just my advice

It was the mass airflow sensor. The dealer (Jim Ellis in Atlanta) fixed it. The warranty is now expired and my brother-in-law-in-law is going to start modding it. His first planned item is a chip.

audi tech

yes no matter what they will always misfire is typical in the 2.7 engine cause i have sat there with the computer in my lap watching the cylinder activity and the misfire is small but always there and most of the time is just carbon deposits,by the way if you do chip it all we audi techs could very quickly check your boost level with the computer and know the bars[psi]that you are boosting and refuse to work on your car,here's the best part i love the customers who show up but dont want their cars testdriven,or like the kid at the dealer i work out of that shows up with a nitrous express kit on his s4 and locks his back seat,glove box,and trunk,thats not right,i want to spray the car too,then he says his clutch is gone,thats when i say is that a nos system?no clutch under warranty so buddy if i were you id be nice to your service writer and tech,especially if you plan on chiping the car

Re: audi tech

Originally posted by edwin
,here's the best part i love the customers who show up but dont want their cars testdriven,or like the kid at the dealer i work out of that shows up with a nitrous express kit on his s4 and locks his back seat,glove box,and trunk,thats not right,i want to spray the car too

Err thats exactly why I would do the same thing, I dont want someone else messing with my car either.

Although the kid is a moron for taking it for warranty service with a NOS kit, I'd cancel the warranty right there for stupidy. You need to hide that stuff.... Then reset the computer... durrrr

yeah,and people wonder why no-one trusts dealer mechanics:rolleyes: .

"hey,i wanna flog the piss outta your car,i know i'm supposed to be fixing it but taking it out and beating the piss out of it is more fun..."

hell,i don't even let the alignment guy drive my car onto the rack,much less leave it overnight at the mercy of some hack at a dealer.

Youy will also undoubtedly be putting 6 injectors in it shortly. Oh, and cam chain tensioner seals (ughhh)

s4 tech

im with you guys thats why this dealer butcher or better yet,parts changer does all the work on his t type or past 11 and 10 second stangs himself and when i need help from another expert and he flogs the **** out of my car he does in front of me cause i dont care its just a car,you could get hit by a semi on the way out of the dealer,but i also dont let techs at dealers who some are idiots carelessly rag on the car,wich some dont even know what a ttype is,but back to the point in my case rich college kids with nos on their already twin turbo v6,quattro who come in with the nos hooked up expecting me to do a clutch job that pays like 7-8 hours and takes about ten to do,[remember this is not a buick,its a pain to do]and not even drive the turd:D