Attn: All Texas Buick folks....please read

I personaly think the planning of something here in Texas is a Great idea!

We just have to get a date togeather and agree on one.

The more the better :D

Well this thread has been looked at 54 times!

We need your input anyone???

If there is enough interest we can make this an LSPBC event!

David Newton
LSPBC Race Director

Originally posted by fast86gn
Well this thread has been looked at 54 times!

We need your input anyone???

If there is enough interest we can make this an LSPBC event!

David Newton
LSPBC Race Director

Well going to San Antonio is different for the Dallas group to race at and the min nats was held for many years at Ennis (only about a one hour drive for your group) as for me it's 4 hour drive to Ennis or to San Antonio just in different directions. But I'm game either way

Originally posted by NastyGn
Well going to San Antonio is different for the Dallas group to race at and the min nats was held for many years at Ennis (only about a one hour drive for your group) as for me it's 4 hour drive to Ennis or to San Antonio just in different directions. But I'm game either way

Me too I'm in! The distance was a problem for a lot of members last year but if we can get a head count first maybe we can put something together.

Bleeding Buick for the past 25 years!:)

Originally posted by fast86gn
Me too I'm in! The distance was a problem for a lot of members last year but if we can get a head count first maybe we can put something together.

Bleeding Buick for the past 25 years!:)

Dave, I will bring this up at the Houston Buick Club and see what the responce is and post it back. The meeting is this saturday.

I think Phill said he was going to try to come to :D

Take Care

Hi guys the reason this tread was started was because I wanted a little buick event here in texas. I am part of the BPG . Texas is part of the Great plains region which is the center of the us basically. Here is why I posted. With everyone from theGreatplains making plans for an event in nebraska or kansas. I just could not do that. that would be an 18hr pull at least. we have plenty of tracks here in texas and I wanted to see how many people would like to do this. 4hrs is not a bad drive however 18hrs one way is a diffrent story. I am just trying to gather people to see whats in the best intrest for us if it is an
LSPBC event. Thats fine with me. I will pay to go. The question is how many people would also follow suite to do it also. Now I have not planned an event before but i am sure with everyones input a day at the track might not be half bad. Seguin was brought up do to the fact that one of the guys lives close to the track and they have an event for clubs there on one sunday or saturday a month. I thought that would be a great way to get the club together and not to pay for a track. If you wanted to race you pay to race just a thought. Guys lets try to get something going here if you have an Idea Let us know.

Hey Phill Depending on the date (because of a shutdown at work coming up feb 21 to march 13) put me down either way. If we decide to go to the car club bash thing fine, if it's decided to hold a seperate event that is fine to.

I think there is enough Buicks in the state to hold a nice event. The problem is picking a good date and having enough intrest for people to show up. I think some of the problem with the LSPBC last event at San Antonio was it rained up to the time the gates opened but we did race and by noon there was not a cloud in the sky. It's hard to have a event when the weather is bad.

If the LSPBC was going to sponcer the event again I am in support of this. I have in the past and will continue to do so.

If you were going to do the event yourself you might want some pre register people to help defray the out lay of money. If the track rental is $2000.00 then you need 100 cars at $20 each.
The local track charges $18 to race on street night, so I would be willing to pay more for a single day Buick only event.

I personaly don't care either way is fine with me. I like to race, see the other Buicks and bench race.

Lets Play

I would like to see someone put together a event over in Segiun. I like that track and there not as anal there about rules( I have no roll cage). Plus it's a closer drive from Houston. They also have a real nice track. If I remember correctly the Segiun track is alot cheaper than Dallas.

The Evadale track just outside of Beaumont is the same way...run what ya brung.

I would love to go too, just need to finish the rest of the tranny work.

Erik Frederiksen