Anyone running Moog 5658 Front/CC635 Rear?

Quik393

Im thinking about getting this combination and then cutting it if its not low enough. Does anybody have these springs, how about some pictures? Do you get the isolators with the rear Cargo springs or do you have to buy them seperate from somewhere like Chevrolet?

Mike

I have 5658s in front, but my application is unique (see sig) so my results may not translate.

So consider this a bump. :)

But anyway, the 5658s did not drop my nose as much as I wanted. I wish I had cut a 1/2 coil out of them to get the nose a bit lower. I may still do that, but I'm hoping they will drop a bit on their own as they wear in. Other than that, they may not be stiff enough for some people. But together with my Bilsteins I think they are about right for mostly street driving. I get a fair amount of nosedive in heavy breaking, but the ride is firm and very controlled.

Thanks Matt, My situation is a little unique as well. I'm buyin a '87 regal 3.8N/A and stabbin a pumped 406 with a T400 in it. So I'm not lookin for the best handling springs. I just want something that will give some weight transfer but not bottom out. And I want to be able to chop them so I can lower the car.

Mike

Ah, I see. Well in that case, the 5658 might work quite well for you. Depending on your powertrain weight, you might not need to cut them at all to get the height you want. If I had another 100 lbs. on the nose of my car, the height would probably be right about where I want it.