anyone running a 45 turbo ?

I know some guys down here that are running John Graig TE45
with great success.
Give him a call he is real helpfull:)

Limit Engineering
885 Kiowa Av Lake Havasu City AZ 86403 (928) 453-7321

45 turbo

We/ve got a local friend here who runs a John Craig 45---stock 109 std. short block, ported heads, stretch cooler, 009 inj. with an 80 lb. 7th. I saw him go 10;50 locally,,10:40 at Bristol at I beleive 130 mph. I know he likes high boost as he popped a head gasket at Bristol. John Craig has always treated me great. He has probably forgotten more than most of these other guys THINK they know. You won/t be sorry dealing with John.
Best of Luck to You

I ve run one for about 1 yr. Great turbo. With the right converter it spools fast. With a tweaked head gasket and broken valve springs I ran a string of 11.30s with about 22 psi in the heat at BG .I drove it around with new valve springs and it was an animal it was finally coming around. At 20 psi it will smoke the ET street s in 2nd gear.
One thing. In my car a 3200 PI converter would not cut it. A lot of people run them very well with this converter. But I put in a 9/11 converter from Bruce in and that did the job.

Best all around turbo out there if you have enuf converter...Note that I said all around so don't tell me how good your T88 works in your Stage 2 :D

John Craig or vendors that handle his stuff like CPP

cool no bad stories yet !!

i have a 9-11 converter from Bruce i just got but will probly have it restalled since im going to te elcamino now i wont be concerned with driving it all the time mainly just racing.

with a 45 what would you'll recomend ? in the 33-3400 range?

im hoping the EL wont weigh no more than 3200 with me in it ready to race so it should be capable of putting down some real good #s

Mine was made to stall at 3800. Kinda high to me , but the whole combo really came together with the converter. I have no complaints.

I have used both a 3000 and 3500 stall Vigilante converter with my TE-45A and both work well....I can flash both to 4000 stall on the t-brake....I usually run under 25 ibs boost, although it will certainly work fine at 30 (I don't seem to have enough fuel to go there)

best turbo $$ can buy if you have good flowing heads, exhaust, I/C and proper converter...get it from John Craig

...TURBO???? 1.91 60's..............you need slicks dude!
;)

I run a 63 and heard its the smae as a 45 just diff venders, and I like my 63. HTH: Jason

Originally posted by postal
...TURBO???? 1.91 60's..............you need slicks dude!
;)

:D yea traction isnt my friend..im trying like hell to get away from these 51 junkers.. it makes plenty of power it felt alot stronger in race trim than the 49 turbo did but wont stay together..:(

im going to take my time chosing and im transplanting the motor to a different chassis that will hook street or track.

so far the 45 seems to be what im looking at going with but like i said im not rushing into it...who knows i might just go up to the 70 but i dought it.

chassis man said hes finishing up the frame in a vega now and then he could get on my elcamino..:D

also im going to be stepping up to a 4.1 with fully hogged factory heads and a lil meaner cam so the 45 should work good with that right.

i think my 3.8 motor will be able to push the elamino atleast mid 10's but maybe slightly better.

of course nothing like breaking a 9.99 with the 4.1.thats what im talkng about..:eek:

What specs are you looking for? TE-45A: Big shaft, 66mm compressor wheel with 12 blades, 700 HP peak power, 72 lb. injectors min, 3500 stall speed recomended. Price=$1,050 from John Craig. HTH

im trying not to call and bother John till im ready to purchase ..:)

is the with garrett or precision housing?

if not will he add one to it of course for extra?

the guy local to me that is sick of pte-51 failures is going to order one also so it will be a double order and will happen just tryng to find out all we can about them before hand since nobody we know runs one..

all i see are good reports about them and will be happy to finally get a pass on my car before swapping motor out into the elcamino.

Does John offer that turbo w/ a polished compressor and a powdercoated center section too.(color of my preference)

Just call him! :) I had a TC-45 (4 bolt version of the TE-45 w/a 4" inlet 60-1 compressor housing) on my GN and I loved it. It is at Limit this week to get converted to a 3 bolt housing and it's going back on the GN.

My buddy locally has had one of these for something like 6 years...the motor's been in and out a couple of times and it's gone 125 mph...turbo's doing fine.