Anyone order refurbished sunvisors from G Body parts?

josh young

I kind of hate to post this in a way, but I am wondering if anybody else is having the same issue as me. About 2 1/2 months ago i ordered a new headliner and a set of refurbished sunvisors from G body parts, I recieved the headliner and drivers side visor promptly. There was going to be a delay on the lighted passenger side visors to the tune of a month or so, Franchesca was up front and I knew this from the start. It has since been 2 1/2 months, I have called the last four weeks in a row, usually on Tuesday. All but one time I was told they would check with the man that was doing the work, and get directly back to me. I only got a call back 1 time, the other three times I waited a week, heard nothing and called them back, only to get the exact same excuses. I am told every time that they can't get in touch with the guy that's doing the work, and the are going to pay him a visit. I was told the delay was due in part to another person not doing a satisfactory job on the work, I ask myself how can you get more unsatisfactory than nothing? Sorry for the long rant just wondering if any of you guys are experiencing the same foot dragging that I am. I realize they are busy people and have more than one customer to deal with, but the same old song and dance is getting old. Thanks guys!

Josh I just posted under your other post. Doing this item is out of our control & we are to the point of removing them as an option. 12 companies in under 5 years. Shoot me an e-mail bweavy@aol.com I'll get this personally resolved. If you think this is an excuse I'll send you the companies # if you want to verify.

Brian, thanks for the response. I really was just wanting to make sure I was not getting overlooked by someone I talked to, because I had no idea of their status at your store. I still want the visor, let me know what you have in mind. As far as the belt moldings, I really prefer the OEM stuff, I purchased an aftermarket headliner and it was a nightmare. What are the prices on the OEM outer belt moldings? I have ordered other stuff from GBody and have always recieved it promptly, I know things just go to the can sometimes. Thanks again Brian!

I know pretty much every car I rip apart the visors are wasted regardless of roof style, color or weather or not they had a mirror on them. At least Brian is trying to get them done and not giving up the fight!

I post this not to stand up for anyone or to put anyone down! If I needed a set done I would probably be calling Brian myself :)

We used an out of state cell phone #. Phone picked right up. We heard "they are shipping today". I am not going to hold my breath but like I asked shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks James on the feed back. there are some things that are easy to get done but tougher for others. This one has become a challenge.

Josh we have had the factory GM units & the after market sweeps at shows. I have had some pretty knowledgable Buick people prefer the aftermarket. I didn't tell them which was which. 2 years ago you couldn't get me to carry an aftermarket seal.
Last Friday Sandy, Ray & Sue from Soff seal flew out to check some seals they were working on. They had us rip out used originals & install their new units. We made suggestions & have been corresponding with Sandy.
I was pretty impressed the the executive VP of a company that size would fly out to Bethel to check out their seals. They are working on a correct restoration piece with new technology that is available.
Now If I can get them to put a wire back in roof rail seals ........
Sorry for rambling.

Long story short if you want GM we have it, You want to try the aftermarket we have it as well. Don't like the aftermarket send it back & we will exchange the fairchild industries outer belt molding for GM. You have nothing to lose by doing this.
I will let you know Monday on the visors. I'm always here & the best way to get an update is to e-mail me direct. I can forwrd that to the person dealing with your order & get an honest response back to you.