anyone know the skidpad on stock syclone

skid pad

One of the magazines had the number of .89 as the Syclones skippad. Stock they are ok for cornering with "decent" tires. With just a rear sway bar they are a blast around corners. I have a half assed designed coilover setup on my Syclone and it is like riding in a shifter kart. Very nice IMHO for a pickup truck.

what kind of coil over set up do you have there dave? just kind of currious. I'd like my sonoma to handle alot better.

thanks

Keith

oh yeah, on sytyauthority.com they had .82g listed i believe.

There are currently 2 options for coilovers, one is new while the other is kinda an old design, I have neither but soon will have the new one. Stock setup with just a rear sway bar is good enough.

Originally posted by mytyphoon1993
There are currently 2 options for coilovers, one is new while the other is kinda an old design, I have neither but soon will have the new one. Stock setup with just a rear sway bar is good enough.

I have to agree with 1993 here. Just the rear sway bar makes a big difference in these trucks.

I have a Dustan Performance front and back kit on my Syclone. Had to do alot of clean up work to get the stuff from falling apart under extreme cornering. I like the suspension alot now that it is staying together but paid way to much for it. Also there is not enough adjustablility in the rear it to make it 60 foot better then stock in my experience. My sixty foots are still 1.7's at best.

Do not try to find a DP kit. He ripped off alot of people including me. Ordered and paid for a front kit for my Typhoon but never received it. This was before there was anything else available.

The two kits that 1993 is talking about are from PEP (been out awhile) and a new one that is coming out from JS Manufacturing. JS Manufacturing is an actual owner of these trucks and is very active member on the message board (www.syty.net).

As for a 2 wheel drive sonoma I would go to the S-10 forum and see what people have done to there trucks. I am sure there is a ton of suspension options available.

Syclones and Typhoons do not have much of an aftermarket because so little of them were made. There is no money in them.

I saw the .82 skippad number on authority as well. www.sportmachines.com as a big magazine archive and the numbers ranged from .82 to .95 depending on who was testing. Some would use 300ft skidpad and some 200ft skidpad.

Still you can go to an autocross with a stock truck and be in the top five fastest vehicles out there. This includes the modified class and you having no experience at auto crossing. The faces on others that these trucks make is priceless!

Later,