anyone have an eastwood mig welder

jetmech

I think i may purchase a mig welder next year and saw the eastwoods . They even have some videos on their website and compare it to a lincoln. This just for some garge welding and nothing major or very often.Thanks , its for 110v too.

I don't have a eastwood, lincoln here. Personal experiance, do NOT buy a flux wire welder, make sure its gas and I prefer a 220 unit myself. You can always turn them down but you can't turn a 110 unit up but so much. Look on ebay, etc. I got my lincoln on ebay as a refurbished unit, full warrenty and it works perfect for about 250 including the shipping !

DO yourself a favor and get a Lincoln or a Miller this is a tool you will have form many years. We have all Miller stuff and it has never failed. Some of the new welders form them can run on 110 or 220 just by changing the plug. I would look at one of those if you must have 110
Mike

Since I have no 220 in my garage yet, I borrowed a Hobart Handler 140 from a friend to do my frame notch. Cranked up, it welded it great. I did test on 2 scrap pieces to make sure it penetrated properly. This was 1/4" steel. Being that I was welding on the edge of the metal, it required less heat, had it been in the middle, it wouldn't have worked so great. The Hobart Handlers are priced pretty decent at Tractor Supply.

anyone have experience w/ the Century (by lincoln) that is on ebay for 399 w/ cart and gas reg.

I have had an Eastwood 220V on order for over a month, and they still can't tell me when it will be shipped. They threw in a free spool gun for aluminum, so it may be worth waiting for.