Anyone bad luck with P.Plate?

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Just was wondering if anyone had no luck from their power plate? Friday I had my car running great, 17 psi on pump gas, no knock. Sat. installed 3" THDP, new V. Springs, Power Plate and $30 worth of 100 octane. Sat night took car out, good bottem end but med and top end just wasn't there. I also got 9 deg. of knock at same boost level. Came home to check to see if down pipe was hitting anything, looks good all the way around. Seems to have at least an inch in the tightest place. I don't think the V.Springs or the pipe is hurting the performance on top end. I'm sure the knock retard is what is hurting me. Don't know why I'd have any knock. What do you guys think? HELP!!!!!

With a street chip and 100 octane I don't know of any setup that should get knock unless the setup is wrong, period!

that's a lot to change all at once. Might try to take out the power plate & get it tuned up first. My guess would be that the down pipe let it breath so much better, it could have leaned it out on you. Try a couple more psi fuel & see if it is really false knock. You really need a scan tool to see what's going on. The 0-2 numbers tell it all. Hope that helped.

My car seems better, but maybe a lil less on top?

Or maybe the car is the same or faster, and I'm just ready for the next mod ;)

Here's my setup in a nut shell, Fresh tune, new 36 lb inj and matching Joe L. chip, New pump hot wired, Scanmaster 780 O2s before change, adj reg. at 37 psi static, thdp, PP drilled EGR, new V. springs, K+N filter stock location open base, everthing else pretty much stock. I didn't for some reason check O2s at time of knock. Still learning scan tool.

How can you tell if you have false Knock?

The first thing I notice about your setup is the fuel pressure. If you are running blue top injectors they usually like 42-45 psi fuel pressure at idle with vacume off. You could be running a bit lean. Take a look at the O2 numbers.

Got injectors from Postons, I'm unsure what they are, they have RP stamped on them. Car had good O2s before changes at 37 psi, Seemed to be real rich at 42. I'll check O2s, don't see how down pipe would lean me out that bad as good as car was running and 100 oct to boot.

bump up your fp a couple # and see what you get.
btw: i had 4.5 kr on 18 # before install and 0 kr on 18# after . i'm happy w/ mine.:D

The stock elbow and downpipe are very restrictive compared to the THDP. Have you verified your boost level since install? Also I though Joe's chips were setup for 42 PSI with vac. off. HTH

Sully

Thanks for all the help. It wasn't the plate, downpipe lean the car out. Turn fp up 3 lbs, now I'm were I need to be, 0 deg Knock.:D
Thanks again.