Anyone around DFW want a race?

GN and Sho's

I posted it in the lounge, but there is a blown Sho looking for a good race in the area. The owner claims to blow by a Z06 from a stop. I know the car is fast but I'm sure some of the GN family could show him the order of the food chain.

Anybody?

Originally posted by GN and Sho's
The owner claims to blow by a Z06 from a stop.

What? was the Z06 in the left hand turn lane getting ready to turn. ;)

A blown Taurus:confused: :confused: Please! It's not worth the gas.

Um, it's not like we don't have 5 racetracks within an hours drive of anywhere in DFW. If it was REALLY fast, he'd take it to a track and see how really fast it is. I'm guessing I wouldn't waste any gas on him, but I can set him up with actual Z06's to actually race, rather than a "kill" at a stoplight somewhere.

DFW has a lot of fast cars, but it also has a lot of squirrels (like the two guys that claimed their F150 ran 10's, but wouldn't tell you how unless you bought something from them, and couldn't actually prove it ran quicker than high 15's).

Send him my way...I'll push him into the Gulf. We have a blown SHO down here. With a 12lb charger, 5k worth of motor work, 150 shot of NOS, slicks, and 116 he made it into the 12's...and it's still a Ford.

Erik

Well, after all the sh!t talking he ran a whopping 13.7 in the 1/4. The claim is now that the race with the Z06 was about a 1/2 mile long. :rolleyes:

Well, after all the sh!t talking he ran a whopping 13.7 in the 1/4. The claim is now that the race with the Z06 was about a 1/2 mile long. :rolleyes:

I've Been in an ACTUAL, sanctioned 1 mile race with 3 Z06 Corvettes and I am here to say NO street SHO can run with one.

In the standing one mile, a stock 385 hp Z06's ran 153 mph and a 2002 405 Hp version ran 159 mph. He may have kept the guys rear bumper in site for 1/2 mile, but if he passed him, the corvette was not trying.

Hate to get into this argument

Someone is full of something with "HER" SHO... I would hate to brake my new Z06 in on this guy.. NO way he out ran that Z, and as said above the guy in the Z was not trying if it went down that way.. he was probally just laughing his A$$ off as i do when all those stupid Rustangs pull up beside me.. I just act like I'm the only one on the road.
I just say:
Go away you nasty NATS!!

GET REAL!!!

Well there is a different sho that holds many one mile land records. He is in the mid 160's I believe.

mid 160's in the mile is 120 or so in the 1/4 so sure its possible for a "Record Breaking" car to be that fast. How many SHO's run 120 in the 1/4 mile?

There are only a handful that I know of that near the 120mph trap speeds. These are all blown, but there is one that is turboed. It is sad to see them in the 1/4 though, they never get traction until third gear.