Anybody in NYC have experince with Freddy Brown Transmissions

xtremexnyc

Well its time to get a rebuild, my car slips going into reverse, i did the lower gear downshift and the rpms do not rev up, car does not shift into third gear. This tranny on my car was on its last leg, i don't even know if its a BRF:eek: . Anyway i need a tranny rebuild if this a BRF or have it replaced if its not. Does anybody have experience with Freddy Brown Transmissions? Hows their work and price? Can sombody recomend a reputible trans shop in NYC asap. Any help is greatly appreciated. Bruce WE4 i hear your work is great but you're all the way in CA. Wish i could go to you to fix my tranny.:)

Thanks
John

I GOT MINE DONE THERE ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO SO FAR NO PROBLEMS UP SHIFTS STRONG BUT NOT TOO EXTREME BUT DOWN SHIFTS ARE VERY HARD YOU REALLY HEAR IT SLAM WHEN YOUR COMING TO A STOP, I CALLED THEM UP AFTER AND ASKED IF THIS WAS NORMAL AND THEY SAID YES . I PAID 2300 FOR THEIR HIGH TORQUE "BIG BLOCK" SETUP BUT THEY ALSO HAVE A LESSER EXPENSIVE REBUILD . THEY ONLY THING I KINDA DIDNT LIKE WAS AFTER I GOT IT DONE I WASNT USING THE CAR AND I GUESS THE TAIL SHAFT SEAL HARDEND UP A BIT AND WAS LEAKING I CALLED THEM UP AND THEY KINDA BRUSHED ME OFF SAYING LEAKS ARENT COVERD UNDER WARRANTY I WAS PISSED BUT SINCE IVE BEEN USING THE CAR THE LEAK HAS STOPPED , IGUESS THE SEAL WORE IN CORRECTLY . ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION A FRIEND OF MINE HAS HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH A GUY THAT WORKS FOR COUNTY LINE TRANS I DONT KNOW HIS NAME BUT I COULD FIND OUT HE'S ALSO ALOT CHEAPER THIS INFO WAS GIVEN TO ME AFTER I GOT MINE DONE:mad: HE BUILDS FOR 10 SEC CARS

The guy at County Line Trans is Eric Schertz, and yes, he is very good. Neat guy too..I would ck him out. (516) 356-2511
As for "leaks are not covered under warranty" ......... That I would question.. twice.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

YA THATS HIM HE MUST BE REALLY GOOD IF PEOPLE ON THE WEST COAST KNOW ABOUT HIM THEY RECENTLY CHANGED THE AREA CODE SO HIS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED TO 631 AREA CODE BECAUSE I KNOW THE SHOP IS ON THE BORDER OF BOTH

Thanks for the input Test but.... QUIT YER YELLIN'''!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
LOLOLOL

Bruce
We4