Any "Revenge" Stories Out There?

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
How many have a revenge story to tell? I have one and proud of it :biggrin: :D. It can be a sweet "same day revenge" or a "revenge over time".

I again almost hate to admit this one and tried to repress it in the back of my mind because it happened to me. At the time I had no idea how freaking fast those cars were but did then have an all stock GN that ran pretty consistent 13.1 - 13.3 quarters. One test and tune night in Missouri, this dorn Subaru WRX STi was at the track and everyone was encouraging me to race him, not having seen the car before. Race the WRX, race the WRX, race the WRX.

We line up and he bust me a new one out of the hole that it was sick. He left so hard that I thought something was wrong with the GN and I didn't even run the race that time (yep, just went down the track). At first I didn't even try to leave hard because I knew it would just be an easy win. His first run was a 12.86. After that we line back up and I brake torqued and we left together and the bastard beat me by a car maybe 2 car lengths and started bragging - "aha, I beat that Grand National again". At this point I'm pissed. We lined back up and I deeped staged this time and that time I barely beat him but did beat him but he stated he missed a gear. I ran a 13.17 and he ran a 13.29 on that one but I think he would have beat me anyway if he wouldn't have missed a gear. So we do it one more time that night, and regretably so the last time I just got beat fairly. He left hard and there was no way I could run him down. The last run he ran a 12.92. Well, he starts bragging again and that's all I heard until I left the track that night. I was freakin pissed from then on.

Well, upon leaving the track I knew exactly what I was going to do. That Saturday morning I started ordering parts and vowed to return the next Friday with a vengeance but didn't because I didn't have everything installed but went back the following Friday. I had most everything express mail shipped and had most parts in 2 days and some parts I had overnighted for a Monday delivery. Between work and me and a friend getting everything installed, I just didn't have the time to go that Friday. I ordered a TE63 turbo, 60lbs injectors & street chip, 3400 convertor, air bags, 3" Downpipe w/dump, stock location intercooler and went back to the track that following Friday, and I think you know what happened - Oh yes he was there and everyone stated he had been bragging his a$$ off about beating me before.

We raced 5 times that night and I whipped his a$$ every round. I proved a point on the 3rd race and let him leave (little bit) and walked him down and still beat him. The last two races were a joke basically but it felt good. The kid looked like he had lost his best friend and wondered what I had done. To this day he's still probably wondering because I just told him I changed a few things around :biggrin: :biggrin:. I asked him was he still going to bragg now?

He went home feeling pretty bad and I (personally) never saw him at the track again unless he came without coming in his car. The Grand National was running pretty consistent high 11s all night long. Vengeance Is Sweet!

flip

My short story...

Around 1996-1997 I had a '86 TR as a daily driver. The car ran very low 8's in the 1/8mi. on regular radials at the time. I went to the track on a test-n-tune night and the car was having a hard time running in the mid-high 8's this night. A couple passes and I made the drive home frustrated.

On the way home... I'm at a stop light and a Nissan Sentra comes up next to me with the guy rev'ing the motor and grinning from ear to ear. What the heck... Why not... Well, my car continues to run like crap and he sprays me... :eek:

Now I'm pissed!!... :mad: I go home, diagnose a bad coil pack, and replace it. A couple weeks later I ran into him at Rockingham Dragway (1/4mi.) & got my revenge... :cool:

K.

Not racing related...

Neighborhood kids kept running their cars into the leaf pickup piles on the curb on the side of the street, so my buddy's dad put cinderblocks in the pile. It's hard to steer your k-car when the tie rod is destroyed!

Not racing related...

Neighborhood kids kept running their cars into the leaf pickup piles on the curb on the side of the street, so my buddy's dad put cinderblocks in the pile. It's hard to steer your k-car when the tie rod is destroyed!

Thats classic!

One day at the track (test and tune) I am in my 87 Turbo-T 12.90 car I line up with a 71-72 Chevelle hole in the hood with two wal-mart air cleaners sticking out, rear wheel wells cut for the big slicks, gutted with one race seat, and open headers. I back I went 13.10 and he went like 13.79. I felt good about the pass, but when I got back to the pits my wife tells me about standing next to this guys wife at the starting line and she was B****ing about the people who bring thier "Street Car Crap" to the race track. My wife just smiled as I out run her man. I decided to turn up the BOOST and make another run as soon as I seen him head to the lanes. This time I was on full kill I went 12.90 he went 13.50. After that pass we got ready to go as we went bthey where loading the race car on a trailer and we smiled and wavied real big as we went by I am sure she seen my wife the look on her face was priceless.

BOOSTBROTHER