Any of you guys measure your charge temps?

B

Bobo

I am loosley considering ditching my obviously too small ic. Has anyone measured their temps wo/ any cooling and what was the combo? I have a friend that picked up 2mph after dropping his pos ic. Thanks!

My dad had a charge air guage on his car when it was stock and when he converted to the IC motor and big turbo. At 20psi boost stock motor the charge air was around 300 degrees on a cold night. With the intercooler and big turbo and 24psi it was around 120 degrees on a cold night.

It was one of the old Kenne-Bell Big Boys. It was considered by most as being too small. Have you looked at the Ford Powerstroke diesel intercooler? It's only around $300 new and looks huge.

I may look at the Powerstroke ic. I should be able to get one, I've heard of guys using them.

Would you happen to have the dimensions on the powerstroke intercooler? I have a friend with a gn engine in a fiero and has limited space. Where could we purchase one of these?

Rey

GN motor in a Fiero?? My friend is trying the same thing in his FIEarri. What tranny did he use? We can't find any FWD that will hold up.

The intercooler is off of a 99-00 powerstroke turbo diesel. From pics I've seen it's big, takes up the whole front end of a TR but I don't know dimensions. It's in the tech area, several pictures in different posts probably a few pages back by now. The Ford part # is there also. It lists for around $380 but you should be able to get it cheaper.

I have also considered this. I measured the i/c once and measured the car. It would not fit unless you did some serious cutting and relocating.

The install is in the tech area. From what I understand all you have to do is grind 1/4" from somewhere behind the grill. I also noticed the guy removed the whole front clip for the install so that's probably the key to not cutting up the car.

im thinking if you want a ford i/c in a fiero you best get some surf racks first so you have somewhere to mount it....hell i dont even think the fiero has enogh room to even go to the dealer and pick it up....ITS BIG :)

I measured the i/c today. I work at a ford dealership. It is 40" wide by 18" tall. I put my car on the rack and measured underneath. At the most you could fit a 35" wide i/c. I don't know how there are installing them. Could you put up a hyperlink to the area your talking about.