Any 87 Monte owners?

groumoutis

My Father in Law just bought a 87 Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe.

So my question is does anyone know much about the good and the bad vendors?

I did swallow my pride and signed up on their forum to get info. My biggest problem is that he is very computer unfriendly. He only touches a computer to move it out of his way. Any help would be awesome...

It's the same as my 86 GP with different badges.

I was looking at some pics of the Monte SS and that front facia looks like what PMD used, with some mods, for the Aero coupe.

Nice cars but very limited on aftermarket speed parts.

There is gbodyparts.com
Mikesmontes.com
There are some more Im sure but these will probably be the best ones.

best vendor is Dixie Monte Carlo Depot ...hands down..

i've owned my SS since 01 and have delt with them all and i havent left Dixie since my first order with them.

I get the Monte Carlo comments as well. That is why I said I swallowed my pride.

My father in law is the last person that would ever think of putting on speed parts! He is worried about if he repaints the car any other color than the factory color. He is a stocker kind of guy. The only way that car will ever see 3000 rpm is if someone else drives it. What guy in their right mind chooses a aerocoupe over a normal SS. I just don't like the looks of the Monte aerocoupe I guess. The Pontiac 2+2 look good that way but not the Monte.

I know about gbody and mikes monte's because of my Buick but I am trying to find others just in case. I don't know if those cars have someone like Kirban or nos4gn. I also don't know which vendors are the ones to trust or stay away from.

got all my stuff for my wifes 87 monte ss from Brian at gbody, all the interior. Looks Great !

I get the Monte Carlo comments as well. That is why I said I swallowed my pride.

My father in law is the last person that would ever think of putting on speed parts! He is worried about if he repaints the car any other color than the factory color. He is a stocker kind of guy. The only way that car will ever see 3000 rpm is if someone else drives it. What guy in their right mind chooses a aerocoupe over a normal SS. I just don't like the looks of the Monte aerocoupe I guess. The Pontiac 2+2 look good that way but not the Monte.

I know about gbody and mikes monte's because of my Buick but I am trying to find others just in case. I don't know if those cars have someone like Kirban or nos4gn. I also don't know which vendors are the ones to trust or stay away from.

I actually have a white & burgundy interior 87 Aero I started parting out a while back. Steve at Dixie is a pretty good guy to deal with as is Mike at Mike's Montes. I have dealt with both of them for 10 years.

If your going for a stock restoration either 1 of those guys are hard to pass up. We do carry a lot of parts for the Montes but that is what they specialize in. Dixie is more of the SS only vendor out there. Dixie would be in the line of Kirban or Glen.