another wiper motor thread...with pics...question about the terminals?

jsta6

John 15:17
I know, how there be another wiper motor thread...???

I searched and I just can't seem to find the info I need on this one. Service manual is of no help.

I am replacing the wiper motor (and washer motor, just fyi). I know I am supposed to move the old cover from the old motor to the new motor.

The instructions say to move the contact terminals over from the old motor to the new motor. However, the new motor only has two terminals sticking up from the motor. The old motor has three terminals.

Not sure if i got a non-pulsing motor or not. The old motor has p/n 20521247 on the side, which I cannot find a reference to anywhere. New motor p/n is cardone 40175. AC Delco website has p/n 19179659.

Also something I found a bit odd was the third terminal on the old motor looks like it has been broken where the contact spring / clip thing would have been.

Hopefully someone can help and the pics and this thread will help others as well... new motor.jpgold motor.jpgold motor pn.jpgnew motor inst.jpgnew motor box.jpgcover.jpg

I just replace mine and i had the same issue as you. I now don't have a delay wiper mode. I don't drive the car in the rain enough to worry about it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It was maybe 2 years in the entire process. .. My interentimentent wiper and washer pump weren't working. .. I decided pu.ps were easy so ordered a pump to start fro. Gbody.....

Replaced the pump and it was a no go. ..

I then over a long period of time, contemplated the stalk? Or the front cover for the wiper motor. ..

Long story short intermittent whiper and lack od washer fluid priming was due to the front cover on the whiper motor...

Just my experience in diagnosing it. ...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

part is definitely "Windshield Wiper Motor Park Switch".

You can do a reverse part lookup for the wiper motor 19179659 at acdelco to see all the cars that used it. (corvette, boneville, etc).

I have done searches for the wiper motor park switch and I have found them both with two and three contact terminals. However, no rhyme or reason. Wells SW5297 or AIRTEX 1S7762 or GM 22038796 or GM 22063283...