Another request for help.

dragrazor

I plan on upgrading my stereo system. I have not decided on a head unit yet but thats the easy part i think.
What 6x9 speakers do you recommend that sound good and do not hit the trunk lid tension bars?
What adapters do you recommend?
I have the concert 2 system. What 5 1/4 speakers and 3 1/2 speakers do you recommend?
These speakers will only have the head unit powering them.
I am thinking of going with a 10 inch powered bazooka for some extra bass.
Anything else you guys recommend?
Thank you in advance.

Do i need to worry that i have concert sound? I will be installing an aftermarket radio with no amp driving the front 5 1/4 speakers and the 3.5 speakers? After reading some posts, i assume that my wiring is parallel and not in series.

so an amp will be driving the rear speakers (otherwise how)? I took the reading the posts here (for the in parallel wiring) to mean IF you're using a stock type radio. Aftermarket radios use 4 ohm, and new speakers are 4 ohm, (mostly), regardless of the concert sound package (which shouldn't really be concert sound anymore since you're changing radio AND speakers...??). & since you're replacing the concert sound speakers, you shouldn't need to worry about the 10 ohms in parallel. of course, I could be wrong... haven't done mine yet. maybe it is the wiring thats 10 ohm? can always just run all new wiring like a normal car (in series)! pioneer makes 3.5 & 5.25 speakers that look like drop ins.

Wish other people would chime in here!

I also wish others would chime in too. I will be using a powered bass tube in the back. That will be controlled using rca cables. I was trying to describe that i will be changing all speakers and radio all around meaning that the 3.5's and 5.25's will be changed but will not have an amp powering them,only the radio. I am trying to use the best combo that i can, using good radio/low wattage speakers and also dont want to hurt the sound quality if the wires are running parallel. Just curious if after changing everything, if it will hurt me because of the way the wiring is set up due to the concert series? I really dont feel like rewiring everything. I also dont feel like chopping up my door or door panel to install 6.5's. I figure that with a good set of 3.5,s, 5.25's, and rear 6x9's(with the adapters),and the powered bass tube, it should sound relatively decent. Am I wrong? Has someone been down this road before? What can i do to avoid rewiring everything due to the parallel wiring that i have? Should i run a small amp to the 6x9,s considering that they are at the back and the fact that the radio alone will be powering 6 speakers?

I bought a 4 channel amp and ran my 6x9s and 5.25s and a seperate amp to run the subs. That way only speakers on the radio is your 3.5s. Then you can throw a little more power to 6x9s and 5.25s