alright lets get some incite from a few people on here

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I got a 87 mustang hatch that Im playing with. I have already done the 5 lug swap and stripped most of the wiring for the 2.3 from the car. I will be shaving the rear wing and adding disc brakes all the way around the car as I get the money to do so. Im going to try to capture the bullit theme with it and build something similar to this:

Fox Body Mustang Bullitt Photo 4

Now Im at the point where Im thinking I want to do a old 3.8 build or do something different and go with the 3800 series 2 and turbo setup.

I however dont want the buick community mad and to acheive the 300-500 hp mark it will cost the same to do a v8 as to play with either one of them 2 motors.

Im at the point I can still go v8 or I can start a swap of that magnitude. Just looking for some insight.

I got a 87 mustang hatch that Im playing with. I have already done the 5 lug swap and stripped most of the wiring for the 2.3 from the car. I will be shaving the rear wing and adding disc brakes all the way around the car as I get the money to do so. Im going to try to capture the bullit theme with it and build something similar to this:

Fox Body Mustang Bullitt Photo 4

Now Im at the point where Im thinking I want to do a old 3.8 build or do something different and go with the 3800 series 2 and turbo setup.

I however dont want the buick community mad and to acheive the 300-500 hp mark it will cost the same to do a v8 as to play with either one of them 2 motors.

Im at the point I can still go v8 or I can start a swap of that magnitude. Just looking for some insight.

It's a ford ,i say keep it ford.
If you want something different + make big hp, do a 32 valve 4.6 swap OR the new 5.0 coyote motors can be bought from ford racing with conversion kits to go in a fox body,
they also sell a low compression forged version for forced induction.

If I wanted to drop 6k-15k I would do that, but however if Im going to spend that kinda money I would just build a stage 2 for the GN I have or at least start to build one.

Now come on I got either motor at my reach even a 302 laying somewhere around here. Which would you do if you had the time and money?

A Fox Body with a built 302 has aways been a neat combo.

Pretty common but cool none-the-less and there's about a million motor builds you can do from mild to wild.

Finding parts and upgrading later is easy, too.

That's the way I would go, but that's just my opinion.

If I wanted to drop 6k-15k I would do that, but however if Im going to spend that kinda money I would just build a stage 2 for the GN I have or at least start to build one.

Now come on I got either motor at my reach even a 302 laying somewhere around here. Which would you do if you had the time and money?

302 without question,easier,tons of aftermarket stuff,will drop right in,+ can make great power.

Is this the motor from the milk truck or mail truck ?? Keep it a 302 an do a few mods an kick some Buick ass. OR just leave it with the 10 other conversions your goin to do in the barn. Damm Charlie never sent me the pics of all the "hallucinations" you have :rolleyes::biggrin:

Damm Charlie never sent me the pics of all the "hallucinations" you have :rolleyes::biggrin:

That's because I haven't been out to visit him yet Dan. I'm still trying to get every thing closed down and relocate the shop. I just don't have the time right now.:mad:

That's because I haven't been out to visit him yet Dan. I'm still trying to get every thing closed down and relocate the shop. I just don't have the time right now.:mad:

It was a JOKE !!! Hell I think 99% of his posts are posts"just for ****s and grins" anyway :p

Some are just for ****s and grins honestly the mail truck would be a great idea if you got the money to do it and still into that kinda thing!!

I however have decided to keep it simple and have a blast with the car going to play with it soon and doing a 302 with bolt ones a friend of mine gave me the motor about 30 mins ago now.