Alradco Radiator install help

HotAir6 v.2.0

Uncool Misfit
I am in the process of installing an Alradco Radiator in my '84 Hot Air car. I've got an interference and I can't figure out how to get things to fit properly. I have a feeling there are differences between my car and the later GN's. My trans cooler lines are hitting my A/C lines (see picture). I bought the correct fittings and tubing from the 86/87 cars so I figured it would be a simple process. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix the issue?

The radiator I bought is a drop in replacement on an Intercooled car. I dropped the radiator in place with the trans lines setup how they appear in the factory service manual and they contact my A/C lines.

I came up with a backup plan but it will require me to buy some extra fittings and do some trial and error. I'd much rather keep the hard tubes out of the radiator for the trans cooler but at this time I don't see how that is possible.

Here's the best photo my phone could take of the interference area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
You need 90brass ends that go into the transcooler ports on the rad. If your not using the oil cooler you can run the trans lines straight into the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I already have the right fittings. I'll execute plan B and bring my hoses in from a different location to avoid the issue all toghether.