alky sys.

john turbo

i purchased the mr freeze alky kit from andreson motorsports very easy set up. but having tuning issues. was told by a few buick owners to use straight denatured alcohol with no mixing is it true that that is what most buick guys are using? 100% alcohol?

It's different.. Use what the kit says to use .... hard to say what pump you have.

Use methanol. It is $5.70 gallon versus 12? gallon. I had bad luck using denatured alcohol and alky pump seals. No problems for the last four years using methanol. Brad

Like what Grumpy said,use what the kit said for you to use. Why did you by that kit?(just curious) I put one on today...Razors AlkyControl kit...100%meth.

the mr.freeze is used just for cooling usually with just windshield washer fluid and doesn't come with a high pressure pump.i believe you will have lots more tuning issues if you try to get aggressive with that kit.

Like what Grumpy said,use what the kit said for you to use. Why did you by that kit?(just curious) I put one on today...Razors AlkyControl kit...100%meth.

x2, what you run is determined by the pump in your kit. That's why a lot of people here use alkycontrol.com kit though b/c it's designed to be used with straight methanol.

The Alkycontrol set up is very good and it worked perfect straight out of the box. No tuning issues.

By the way I get methanol for $4.00 a gallon at the local go-cart racing shop. 5 gallons of denatured alcohol would cost $60!

The only problem I have had with Julio's kit is the Alkycontrol sticker on the tank keeps peeling off. Oh well.

...The only problem I have had with Julio's kit is the Alkycontrol sticker on the tank keeps peeling off. Oh well.

Me too! I think it's from the alky getting warm and weeping out of the vent hole on top of the cap. If I have my tank too full and the engine bay gets very hot, it'll actually drip alky onto the ground from the tank weeping through the cap.

I have a friend who does vinyl graphics and he is checking on making some out of chemical resistant vinyl adhesive. If it works I will give Julio his name and contact info. In the mean time I will super glue it down. It is a good thing that is the only thing someone could complain about Julio's kit. Julio rules!

kit worked fine with straight methonal just no warning when low on methonal that could be big problem i am selling this kits and getting a snow kit or razor not sure which

kit worked fine with straight methonal just no warning when low on methonal that could be big problem i am selling this kits and getting a snow kit or razor not sure which

Snow won't do straight meth either and support for your specific vehicle will be lacking. Get Razor's kit, run straight methanol, and get good support when setting it up either here or on the phone directly from the guy who builds and races with the kit.