Alky bottle location

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
If I ever get my car back, I am thinking about this upgrade. I will have a high 10 sec strip car but it lives on the street and I can't afford to drive around on race gas. This looks like the ideal solution for making it quick on the street too but I have some questions.

I saw one picture with the alky bottle mounted near the battery. Where have all of you mounted it? Is it possible to mount it somewhere more stealthy with a longer braided line?

Is there a check valve in the line so the bottle can be mounted below the nozzle and not have a lag with pumping the line full (or is this really no concern time wise)?

Thanks - Terry WUTSA V8

Most users I know do have them mounted on the fan shroud.. the supplied line is maybe 18 inches long. I'm not sure if the pump would be able to handle a remote location say in the trunk for instance. You would also need a much longer wiring harness.

I would give Steve a call at SMC at get his input

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
What about moving the charcoal cannister and putting it there?
if you have the stock air box (why would you though? ;) ) that might work, but most ppl relocate the canister because the k&n needs that space.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
What about moving the charcoal cannister and putting it there?

that's where mine is.kinda:).i had already moved the charcoal canister and knocked a hole where it used to be to route my cold air induction(spearco pipes go thru the core support).

i was running a modified kb ramair setup,but it was just taking up too much space and i needed the spot to put my alky bottle,so out it went.

i had to fab a couple of small brackets and have a new hose built,but overall it was gravy.

i'm in the process of tuning my new 16 pos maxeffort,and when i get it dialed where i want it here comes the alky!:D

later,sean

Hi Terry,

How's it going? Good, I hope!

I'd think a check valve wouldn't be needed for that application. I had my old T-Type alky system hidden under the fender/header area in front of the battery. Was very stealthy, but kind of a pain to fill!