alarm experts!

BY "WORTH IT", that would have to mean a down side is there somewere. there is no downside to a DEI alarm, they have the longest running production of alarms systems, and a lifetime warranty. In the UK i believe Clifford is much bigger than the other DEI brands, from a trip i had down there, just about ever kid in the import scene that i met had a Clifford alarm.

Just another thought all the 04/05 clarion/ungo alarms are being made by DEI. they have a two way paging system that costs less than the 791 and it comes with two remotes instead of one.

Originally posted by Hurst85
oyo boyos!

First time posted from the UK!!
I just had one of my favorite cars imported from US.
85 Hurst OLDS!!!
BUt im gonna gut her and put GN internals in her!! Sleeper ASS kicker in the UK baby!!
But right now i need an alarm too, this DEI sh1t worth it???

will it work on the olds???

Remember, my friend, that the 85 is a 442. The 83 and 84 models are Hurst Olds. But, yes, everyone I've talked to said that the DEI systems are the best. I'm considering the Viper 350hv... good system? Hard to setup? (I have no power windows or locks == less work?)

-nero-

The viper alarms are kind of the Flagship alarm of DEI ( think back to the retarded TV commercials with the big viper coming out the car window) and still tend to be a great alarm, the 350 included. no power door locks means a little less work, not a problem regardless. Adding power door locks however, a little more work and not a bad idea at all.

Just to let everyone know that the the brand listed below are "identical" alarm system just different looking remotes. I think the Clifford Martix 1, 2 and 3 uses different remotes but have to check on that later. There is no real "flagship" alarm systems from DEI but I will assume it will be the Clifford line. Directed IS the world largest alarm company and 2nd would be Clifford which is owned my DEI now.

Clifford
Viper
Python
Sidewinder

not flagship meaning better alarm, flagship meaning, thats the first alarm that people ask about when they want an alarm, just the name is better known among the public.

Originally posted by nero
Remember, my friend, that the 85 is a 442. The 83 and 84 models are Hurst Olds.
-nero-

Nero, You are correct mate!
In my zeal I created the wrong name.
Dammit, I gotta live with that mistake ;)

FYI, I called my install guy he is gonna get me the info on the DEI/Clifford. He said the name was more likly to be clifford in the UK.
How hard is the install? Can I do it myself?
How elaborate are the remotes for these alarms? How many functions can it have?