Air Hose Repair

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm working on finishing my basement. I was re-doing a window frame (seems like everything I do needs re-done :rolleyes: ) and dropped a 2x4 with a nail sticking out of it.

I hear a hissing noise.

I look down, and the f'n thing fell directly on my new 50' rubber air hose (as in connected to the compressor to power the framing nailer).

Is there any way to repair the hose? It wasn't cheap and I'd hate to toss it. The hole is at the very end. As in cut it and install a new coupler? I looked at Home Depot and online but I don't see any DIY type couplers - just the kind that screw on a "good" hose.

TIA,
Jim

Jim,

Take a ride to Napa or something and get an air hose repair end. Its basically a barbed fitting that you hose clamp on. I use 2 hose clamps on them and havent had one fail. If its not that close to the end, get a double barbed fitting and cut the hose where its popped and insert the barbed piece, securing it with 2 hose clamps per side

Take yer balancer off yet? :)

Lowes ,Home depot,etc sell a barbed fitting ,that all you do is cut the bad part out slide the fitting in with two clamps and you are good to go. Look in the tool section.

I'll check Lowes or NAPA. Home Depot sucks. I couldn't find anything, or anyone to help me, and they had one (1) register open. I gave up on the hose fittings. After waiting for 15 mins to pay for $1.94 worth of cable staples, I dropped 'em and left.

But I digress....

Thanks for the tips!

No - haven't pulled the balancer yet. I shoulda backed the GN in last night 'cause today would've been a good day to work on it. But, it's pulled in with the nose up against the wall, snowblower behind it.

I did order a new balancer, though. I have 100% faith in your diagnosis, Mr. Testa.

Thanks again,
Jim

I got some screw togther air hose fittings , When i get home ill take some pics and send the to you , let me know if it is what you need..:D

Originally posted by turbojimmy

I did order a new balancer, though. I have 100% faith in your diagnosis, Mr. Testa.

Thanks again,
Jim
Well, that makes one of us.......