AC Question.

G-Force

Will the compressor and ac condenser and dryer from an 85 regular regal work on a 84-85 TR?

The compressor on a N/A Buick should fit. What you need to check is the Harrison model number right on the compressor's big label. I forget, but the model is either 198 or 194. If it's the same as the one on your car now, it will fit. Be sure to get new o-rings for the suction and discharge 'block' fitting. Also, there is a revised bolt for that fitting. It is shorter and comes with the GM sealant on it. The new bolt allows removal of the hose from the compressor without having to remove the exhaust header or compressor itself. Don't forget to change the oil in the compressor, especially if you are going the 134A route.

Hope that helps!

Ken

I didn't read your whole post, the condensor will fit, but the receiver/dryer is specific to 84-85 Turbos. If you can believe it, it's still available from General Motors. Not cheap, I think I paid about 80.00 for it. The condensor is the same for all 84-87 G body cars, at least the Cutlass and Regal. Good luck!